Society and Culture
Submit a site
Chats and Forums
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Arrival Survival Canada
- A handbook for new immigrants to Canada. A 200 page comprehensive guide to settling in. Sample chapter with information about going to Canada.
- The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. It has passed the House of Commons in June 2001, but it is yet to pass Senate and receive Royal Assent before it becomes the law.
Canada's Brain Drain
- Site examining issues surrounding the migration of Canadian professionals to the US.
Canadian Council for Refugees
- A non-profit umbrella organization committed to the rights and protection of refugees in Canada and around the world and to the settlement of refugees and immigrants in Canada. The Council serves the networking, information-exchange and advocacy needs of its member organizations. Site has many links to Canadian and international resources.
Centre for Refugee Studies
- Organized research unit of York University.
Dual Citizenship FAQ
- This document attempts to describe the current situation in United States law regarding dual citizenship. Written by an American who immigrated to Canada.
Global Canadian Immigration Services
- Provides immigration assistance for the independent immigrant category, family sponsorship category and business immigration category. Information, requirements and qualifications online.
- The full text of the law and regulations that are currently in effect.
Immigration Lawyers on the Web
- Attorney directory. Also contains resources, regular columns, chat, and immigration forms.
Immigration and Citizenship
- 1996 Census tables tell what major immigrant groups live in what provinces and metropolitan areas
La Bonne Auberge Community Services
- Assists new immigrants with basic needs and social integration in Canada.
- A multilingual non-profit organization dedicated to addressing issues that affect immigrants and refugees in the course of their settlement and integration into Canadian society. Located in Vancouver, BC.
Pier 21 Society
- Pier 21 in the Halifax port is a National Historical Site where one million immigrants landed between 1928-1971.
RIIM (Research on Immigration and Integration in the Metropolis)
- One of the four Canadian research centres dedicated to studying the impact of Canadian immigrants on local economies, the family, educational systems and the physical infrastructure of cities. Although RIIM concentrates only on the effects in Vancouver, it has links to all other Metropolis sites in Canada and the rest of the world.
Right Skills, Wrong Counry
- An article on issues related to accreditation of professionals educated abroad. In "Canadian Business" magazine.
The Metropolis Project
- Canadian arm of an international forum for research and policy on migration, diversity and changing cities.
The Political Economy of Canadian Immigration Debate: A Crumbling Consensus
- Talk by Don J. DeVoretz, Simon Fraser University
Walk a Mile: The Immigrant Experience in Canada
- An affiliated segment of a four-part television documdrama, this site addresses the issues of identity, language, discrimination, and employment for new immigrants to Canada.
- Provides information and links to related content for new and prospective immigrants.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor