Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- A research tool providing access to various databases created by the National Archives of Canada. Includes finding aids for textual and audiovisual records ranging from the Canadian Expeditionary Force, Post Offices, government records, census, home children to Dominion land grants.
- Canadian history from Post-Confederation to the present. Includes articles, timelines, links and a mission statement.
- Pictures and audiovisual resources for Canadian Studies. Offers images of people, places, events, culture, flags, coats of arms, flowers and maps. Also offers the national anthem.
- A collection of original resources for Canadian Studies. Offers speeches and addresses, proclamations, charters, acts, treaties, policies and other historic documents from 987 AD to the present.
- Offers historical information, documents, maps, opinions and views of Canadian History. Provides visual, period, political, conflict and document based perspectives.
Canada's National History Society
- Aims to make Canadians more aware and appreciative of their heritage. Publisher of the Beaver magazine and historical booklet series.
Canadian Heritage Information Network
- A gateway to museums, galleries and heritage information in Canada. Offers virtual exhibitions, artefacts, and reference tools and resources. Provided by the Department of Canadian Heritage.
- A summary of the main events in Canadian history organized around Native peoples, the French, the British, the Western fur trade, confederation, the West and twentieth century Canada. Provides online history quizzes.
Early Canadiana Online
- Collection of over 3,000 early works from Canada's history. Literature includes both fiction and nonfiction.
H-Canada: Canadian History and Studies
- A discussion group for scholars including publication reviews, calls for papers and resource links.
- A showcase of resources and classroom projects that help improve knowledge of Canadian history.
Index to Federal Royal Commissions
- Includes reports, briefs, submissions, evidence, working papers and other documents associated with more than 200 Commissions that have taken place since Confederation.
National Archives of Canada - Archives nationales du Canada
Online Resources for Canadian Heritage
- Web-based resources in the fields of archaeology, ethnology, history and folk culture.
Special Editions of Canadian Newspapers
- Selection of special colour supplements produced by newspapers for more than a century to mark important events.
The History of Canada
- Provides an overview of Canada's history from the Discovery of Canada to Native Peoples issues.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor