Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Brief History of the Canadian Coast Guard
- Although a relatively recent organization in historical terms, its role has been evolving since the earliest days of French settlement in Canada.
Books of Remembrance
- These six books contain the names of Canadians who fought in wars and died either during or after them. Provides online access to view individual pages and describes the ceremony and history around the display of the books.
Canada's Military Heritage
- Details Canada's military experiences including both World Wars, Korea and various peacekeeping missions. Includes photos, articles and links.
Canadian Air Aces and Heroes: WWI, WWII and Korea
- Includes biographies of several distinguished Canadian fighter pilots of WWI, WWII and Korea. Provides detailed accounts of their aerial missions.
- Commemorates all men and women who have enlisted in the Canadian Armed Forces. Includes stories, letters of commendation, tributes and progress reports on information searches on those missing in action.
Canadian Merchant Navy Veterans Association Inc.
- Halifax/Dartmouth Branch of the group presents historical information and group activities in text and photo.
Canadian Military Medals and Decorations - Veterans Affairs Canada
- A collection with images and descriptions of each medal and deocration.
Canadian Virtual War Memorial
- Excellent site that provides information about the more than 116,000 Canadians and Newfoundlers who fought and died while representing their country during the Nile Expedition (1884-1885), the South African War (1899-1902), the First World War, the Second World War, and the Korean War.
- Dedicated to promoting and preserving Canadian military history, heritage and vehicles, with special interests for the collector of Canadian military vehicles.
D Company, Royal Rifles of Canada
- An account of the company's action during the Battle of Hong Kong in December 1941, from Major Maurice A. Parker's diary.
- A poem commemorating the Dieppe raid on August 19, 1942. Includes a description of the landing, the Canadian contingent and provides photographs depicting the scenes of that day.
- A timeline of important moments in the development and history of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Includes a bibliography on the history of the RCMP.
History and Traditions of the Royal Canadian Air Cadets
- Includes RCAC dress regulations, information on traditions such as their aims, oath, motto, crest, banner, wedge, tartan and parade.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor