Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Becoming Canadian: Pioneer Sikhs in their own Words
- Reveals the experiences of early Sikhs in Canada as described by Sarjeet Singh Jagpal and those he interviewed in his book.
CBC: Canada, A People's History
- Thirty-hour documentary chronicling Canada's cultural and societal evolution. Includes video clips, episode summaries, teacher's guide and a discussion forum.
Canada Ulster Heritage
- Providing information about historical documents concerning the involvement of Ulster Canadians in the formation of the Dominion of Canada.
Canada's Flag: a Search for a Country
- A detailed look at the flag's history and symbolism. Adapted from the book by John Ross Matheson.
Canadian History: a Distinct Viewpoint
- Information about the Metis nation, New France culture, aboriginal history and beliefs and values brought from Europe to Canada.
First Peoples of Canada
- Provides annotated links to resources focusing on the beliefs, lore, myths, history and art of the indigenous peoples of Canada. Includes illustrations.
Heroes of Lore and Yore: Canadian Heroes in Fact and Fiction
- The National Library of Canada includes biographical sketches of important historical figures in Canadian history. Also provides links to additional resources on the Internet and in print.
Metis Nation of the North West
- A comprehensive history of the Canadian Metis culture from 1600 to 1899.
National Library of Canada
- A federal cultural agency responsible for collecting and preserving Canada's published heritage. Provides virtual exhibits and access to their catalogue online.
Prairie Grain Elevators
- Article examines how these small parts of Canadian tradition are vanishing.
Wilno Heritage Society
- Commemorates Canada's first Polish settlement dating back to 1859. Includes contact information, a brief history of the settlement, planned projects and a description of the Wilno heritage trails.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor