Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Big Brothers and Sisters of Canada
- Connecting children with adult role models.
Big Sisters of Canada
- Non-profit program open to all girls from 6 to 16 years of age. Carefully screened Big Sister volunteers are 'matched' with a girl for friendship, esteem-building, and as a role-model.
- Allows visitors to donate to any Canadian charity online, with no fees to either donor or charity, as well as find volunteer positions and read philanthropy-related news.
Canadian Harambee Education Society
- A non-profit organization without affliliation to government or religious organisations which raises money to provide scholarships for poor, bright high school girls in Africa; supports special projects, such as the construction of libraries, dormitories; sends volunteers from the ranks of retired teachers and other professionals to act as agents.
Canadian Hearing Society
- Fundraising site.
Cancer Survivors Unlimited
- A non-profit charity providing non-medical support to Cancer patients.
Charity Resources of Canada
- A page for persons working with or wanting to work with charities in Canada. What you need to know.
- Hundreds of pages of news, jobs, resources and links for the Canadian nonprofit community
- Your click clears land mines for free through the Canadian Landmine Foundation.
Foster Parents Plan of Canada
- A child-focused development organization with no religious, political or government affiliations, benefitting children, and their families and communities in the developing world.
Friends of Malawi Fellowship
- Non-profit society raising funds to build and run a Secondary School and a Ladies' Vocational Collage in Blantyre, Malawi.
Grey Owl Nature Trust
- Public foundation to raise new funding for conservation projects across the country through the creation and growth of environmental endowments.
In Kind Canada
- National gift-in-kind charity. Companies can donate surplus material, new and used, which is then re-distributed to other charities across the country.
Love of Children Society
- Provides medical aid, educational supplies and toys to children overseas who are suffering from serious illness and organizes fantasy flights for ill children in Canada.
National Chapter of Canada - Imperial Order of Daughters of the Empire
- Charitable women's organization dedicated to the support of children, students, women, veterans, and others in need.
Parkinson's Support and Research Society Inc.
- Canadian organization offering information, support, day care center and caregiver services.
Project Brotherhood Society
- A charitable organization that enables teens to travel to Mexico to do works of charity. Other projects include helping the needy in Vancouver and providing Summer Camps for youth.
Ronald Children's Charities of Canada
- RMCC offers funding to registered Canadian charities to provide equipment to improve the quality of life for children with serious or chronic illnesses or disabilities.
SCAW - Sleeping Children Around the World
- SCAW raises funds to provide bedkits to the neediest of children in underdeveloped and developing countries.
The Coalition of National Voluntary Organizations (NVO)
- Not-for-profit organization which promotes volunteerism and enhances the profile of Canada's voluntary and charitable sector.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor