Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Amnesty International - Iran Documents
- Publications and news releases about Iran including links to Annual Report entries.
Committee for Humanitarian Assistance to Iranian Refugees
- Organization of Iranian refugees and asylum seekers. Newsletter, fact sheets and contact information.
Foundation for Democracy in Iran
- Publishes the Iran Brief, a monthly investigative newsletter.
Human Rights Watch - Iran Documents
- Links to World Report entries for Iran and bibliography of human rights articles and books.
Human Rights in Iran
- An interview with Shirin Ebadi, the first female judge in Iran before the revolution and now a lecturer in law at Tehran University.
Imprisoned Lovers: The Persecution of Muslim Sufis in Iran
- Article by Malik Carn.
International Campaign for Defence of Women's Rights in Iran
- Contact information.
International Federation of Iranian Refugees
- Organizes protests supporting Iranian refugees and publishes Hambastegi (Solidarity), a bimonthly publication promoting this mission.
Iranian Human Rights Working Group
- Campaigns for the improvement of human rights in Iran and publishes the quarterly Iran Human Rights Chronicle. Articles, petitions, urgent appeals and links.
Iranian Organization for the Defence and Development of Human Rights and Democracy
- Canadian-based non-profit organization providing aid and information about human rights in Iran.
Iranian Refugees Alliance
- Promotes the human rights of Iranian refugees and asylum seekers internationally. Contains many documents issued by various international and national bodies on human rights in Iran.
Iranians for International Cooperation (IIC)
- Fights all forms of discrimination against Iranians. Supports the lifting of US sanctions against Iran and a normalization of relations between Iran and other nations. Press releases, analysis and petitions.
Mission for the Establishment of Human Rights in Iran (Mehr Iran)
- Promotes awareness of the human rights situation in Iran through articles, urgent actions and petitions.
Organization for Defending Victims of Violence
- Tehran-based NGO promoting non-violence and human rights. Weekly news releases, monthly newsletter and feature articles.
Stoning to Death in Iran
- Information about the practice of stoning in Iran, including excerps from the Islamic regime's penal code and a case study of the stoning of Iranian women. Also features a video of four individuals being stoned in the presence of high ranking officials of Iran's judiciary. Warning: this video is graphic and very disturbing.
The Alliance for Defense of Human Rights in Iran
- Features group charter and archive of human rights news releases and petitions.
Trial of Iranian Jews Should be Postponed
- (April 13, 2000)-- Human Rights Watch today urged officials presiding over the trial of thirteen Iranian Jews to make public the official charges against the defendants.
U.S. Department of State: Iran Human Rights Report for 1996
- Report on human rights practices in Iran in 1996.
U.S. Department of State: Iran Human Rights Report for 1997
- Report on human rights practices in Iran in 1997.
U.S. Department of State: Iran Human Rights Report for 1998
- Report on human rights practices in Iran in 1998.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor