Society and Culture
Submit a site
Scottish Socialist Party
Socialist Workers Party
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alliance for Workers' Liberty
- This group, formerly known as Socialist Organiser is active in the British labour movement and the Labour Party. The group is also moving towards an ideological position of "critical Marxism." Participates in the Socialist Alliance.
General election 2001 - left results
- Constituency results by left wing parties and candidates in the 2001 general election. Includes results for the Socialist Alliance, Scottish Socialist Party, Socialist Alternative, Socialist Labour, Workers Revolutionary Party and independent leftists. Compiled by the Weekly Worker.
Independent Labour Network
- Formed in 1998 by Ken Coates and Hugh Kerr, then MEPs, following their expulsion from the Labour Party. Criticises New Labour and advocates return to socialist principles.
International Socialist Group
- British section of the United Secretariat of the Fourth International. Site includes works by Ernest Mandel, several pamphlets, the newspaper "Socialist Outlook" and information on the Fourth International. Participates in the Socialist Alliance.
- Based in Leeds, the Left Alliance is made up of former supporters of the Labour Party who are disenchanted with Blairism. Supports the Socialist Alliance.
- News and articles from Red Action's eponymous bi-monthly bulletin. The group is Marxist but anti-Leninist. Supports the Socialist Alliance.
Socialist Equality Party
- Rival of Workers' Revolutionary Party from which it split in the 1980s. Both claim to be the British section of the International Committee of the Fourth International (itself a result of a split in Trotsky's Fourth International).
Socialist Labour Party
- Union leader Arthur Scargill led this left-wing split from the Labour Party after its abandonment of Clause 4 which had committed Labour to the nationalisation of industry.
Socialist Solidarity Network
- Made up of socialists from various backgrounds, advocates socialist renewal and regroupment on a non-sectarian basis. Publishes "Red Shift." Participates in Socialist Alliance.
- British section of the League for a Revolutionary Communist International. Site includes information about Marxist theory, an online version of the Workers Power bulletin. Participates in Socialist Alliance.
Workers' Revolutionary Party
- General Secretary is Sheila Torrence. Descended from the tendency led by Gerry Healy who was expelled in the 1980s. Rival of Socialist Equality Party both of which claim to be the British section of the International Committee of the Fourth International.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor