Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Campaign for Labour Party Democracy
- Founded in 1973, the CLPD is a pressure group within the Labour Party advocating changes in the party to make it more accountable to rank-and-file party members.
- A magazine from Labour's democratic socialist left. "Chartist is read by those who want politics beyond slogans and easy answers." Site contains articles from current and previous issues.
Computing For Labour
- An organization within the British Labour Party whose aim is to help all levels of the Party to use computer technology effectively to achieve the Party's objectives.
Institute for Public Policy Research
- Centre-left think tank which is influential with the Labour Party.
Labour Campaign for Lesbian and Gay Rights
- Campaigning organisation for lesbians, gays and bisexuals in the Labour Party.
Labour Grassroots Alliance
- A coalition of centre-left groups and newspapers in the Labour Party which nominates candidates for Labour's National Executive Committee on a platform of party democracy and progressivism.
Labour In Northern Ireland
- Trying to pressure the UK Labour Party to reverse Labour's ban on having members from or running candidates in the province. Unconnected with Northern Ireland Labour. Does not run electorally.
Labour Left Briefing
- Left-of-centre advocates within the Labour Party.
Labour Reform Group
- Advocates grassroots democratic reform within the British Labour Party. Site contains extensive discussion of policy formulation processes.
Labour Research Department
- An independent, trade union based research organization. Publications included Labour Research, Bargaining Report, Fact Service and LRD Booklets. LRD also provides electronic services, such as a full-text publications database, to its affiliates via the web.
- News from the trade union movement, updated daily.
Old Labour HQ - Old Labour, New Britain
- For all those members and supporters of the Labour Party who wish to see it return to the historic values of the Labour Movement.
Scientists for Labour
- An organization open to members or supporters of the Labour Party who are interested or involved in UK science and technology. Established at the 1994 Labour Party Conference.
- Information about a key network of Blairite activists within the British Labour Party and their objectives.
- Monthly magazine aims to "commit the Labour government to introduce bold socialist measures." Published by the Marxist tendency within the Labour Party led by Ted Grant and Allan Woods.
Socialist Campaign Group
- A group of left-wing MPs in the Labour Party led by Tony Benn . Publish Socialist Campaign Group News.
Socialist Environment and Resources Association
- SERA is the environment campaign affiliated to the British Labour Party, yet is an independent think tank and green pressure group.
Socialist Health Association
- Founded in the 1930s and affiliated to the Labour Party, the goal of the SHA is to protect and improve the NHS and to campaign on issues of health and equality.
The Christian Socialist Movement
- Based in Britain and active in the Labour Party, the CSM is in a tradition that stretches back to the early church. "We all share a belief in justice, peace and the wholeness of creation."
The Ernest Bevin Society
- Named after the reforming cabinet minister in Attlee's Labour government the EBS advocates "old Labour" policies within Tony Blair's New Labour party. Site contains reprints of magazine articles from the 80s to the present.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor