Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Guardian Local Government Elections 2001
- County Council election news, comment and results.
Hill & Knowlton Netcoms UK Election 2001 Predictor
- Online application allows you to see the effect on the House of Commons of voting swings and opinion polls, and lists the likely winners and losers.
- Full coverage of the 2001 General Election including news from the campaign and a comprehensive results service.
Local Authority Byelection Results
- Full results from 1996 to now, plus a link for 1995 results.
Make Votes Count
- Campaign to win the referendum on changing the way we elect our Members of Parliament. Details of The Independent Commission on the Voting System, explanation of the proposed system plus how you can get involved.
- Campaigning to include an 'abstain' choice on UK ballot papers for voters with no positive candidate preference.
- Details of how to register for a postal vote in advance of any election, with downloadable forms and other information. In conjunction with the Home Office.
Procedures at a General Election
- Comprehensive Home Office briefing on what happens during a general election in the UK.
Richard Kimber's Political Science Resources
- An extensive collection of over 3,200 links to the major political and governmental sites around the world, plus archive of UK elections since 1945, plus a new Election 2001 section. The site is updated almost daily.
- Details of the new system whereby the Electoral Register is updated every month. Leaflet and downloadable form.
- Practical support for tactical voting: who should you vote for in your constituency to keep out the Conservatives?
- Tactical voting advice for each constituency, plus a predictor for election gains into which you can enter your assumptions about the overall swing, and see which seats change hands. [Does not work with Netscape 4]
- A List showing probable opinions among parliamentary candidates regarding British adoption of the Euro.
The Daily Telegraph Election 2001
- Extensive information on the 2001 General Election, including socioeconomic constituency profiles, analysis, past results, maps and an interactive swingometer.
The Electoral Reform Society
- Campaigns for proportional representation in the UK parliaments and assemblies.
The South Molton Declaration
- Commits parliamentary candidates of the major parties to laying a Bill before Parliament which confirms our rights as a democratic nation - rights which leading politicians claim we still possess.
UK General Election 2001: Analysis
- A Poll of Polls and various indices of party support, plus links to other pollsters and analysts.
United Kingdom Election Results
- Historical information on UK elective politics.
- Comprehensive coverage of the General Election from a christian perspective.
d'Hondt PR Calculator
- Computes the number of seats from the votes polled in the 1999 European Elections, by distributing the votes according to the d'Hondt formula. Should also work in 2004. It can also estimate results based on opinion poll percentages. Free download.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor