Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Tagish Directory of UK National and Local Government Web Sites
- A comprehensive directory of UK Government information on the web.
- An Anti-politicians site, highlighting sleaze. Campaign to vote for "None of the above".
The Adam Smith Institute
- Centre-right policy institute dedicated to free market policies. Influenced the economic policies of the former Thatcher government.
The British Isles
- The political structure and brief history of the British Isles.
The British Politics Page
- Julian White's resource for everything political including national and local election results. Plus links to 2,500 other sites.
The Campaign for an English Parliament
- Now that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved government, England needs its own Parliament.
The Centre for Citizenship
- Working to spread the values of republican democracy in Britain.
The Federal Trust
- British think tank on all aspects of Federalism and Britain's relationship to the emerging European Union; founded in 1945.
The Institute for Fiscal Studies
- Research institute which exists to provide economic analysis independent of government, political party or any other vested interest. Exerts substantial influence through publications, the media, close contacts with civil servants and regular meetings with Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet members.
The London Elections: Mayor for London
- How London will elect its new Mayor and the Greater London Assembly, courtesy of the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions.
The Report of the Independent Commission on the Voting System
- The Jenkins Commission on alternatives to the 'First Past the Post' system of election to the Westminster Parliament.
The UK's political portal
- News, analysis and information on government institutions, legislation, and politicians; includes candidates for the 2001 General Election by constituency, analysis of recent polls, and Manifesto Watch.
- Discussions, polls and news on UK politics, and holding candidates accountable.
UK Local Government Information
- With clickable maps to find every principle local authority in the UK, plus information on council composition and by-elections.
UK Political News from Moreover.com
- The latest UK political news collected from over 1600 sources. Also available to webmasters for their own sites.
UK Politics Brief
- A set of notes for A-level Politics students on British Government and economics topics. Warning: cannot be viewed in Netscape 4.
UK Politics Directory
- A directory of UK political web sites covering parties, elections, media, people, pressure groups, issues, lobbyists and political consultants.
United Kingdom Political Messageboard
- Make your comment on British politics.
- Vote on current political issues, discuss the results, and send mail to the parties and politicians.
- A resource for people interested in Walter Bagehot, 19th century English social scientist and political writer, including the 'English Constitution' in 1864.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor