Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Campaign Against the Lancaster Bypass
- Provides detailed information including: press archives, diary of events, maps and photographs as part of the campaign to stop the environmentally destructive western bypass of Lancaster.
Centre For Alternative Technology
- One of Europe's foremost eco-centres. Includes comprehensive green catalog, with an option to order books and products online.
- Supporting local diversity across the UK
- Recycles unwanted computers from Britain for use in schools and community organisations in developing countries. Based in Finsbury Park, North London.
Electric Vehicles UK
- Campaigning for improved facilities and cheaper electric cars in Britain.
Friends of the Earth
- Includes details of local pollution sources in your neighbourhood.
- Provides information on urban regeneration and economic development in the UK.
- National calendar of events and news that relate to green issues, ecology, music, complementary therapies, alternative medicine, treatments, courses, in a free poster sheet.
Green Events - Yorkshire
- Covers events of a "green" nature.
Leeds Earth First!
- Site representing a group of people from a wide range of backgrounds and differing walks of life who believe in taking Direct Action to hurry along change in the fabric of society. Anarchic and Libertarian politics.
- Government supported initiative promoting use of energy efficient lighting in the non-domestic sector. News, savings calculator, rebate details and wide range of resources.
National Urban Forestry Unit
- Charitable organisation which works to raise awareness of the positive contribution that trees make to the quality of life in towns.
- Rural England Versus Overhead Line Transmission. The organisation presses for a co-ordinated UK energy distribution policy.
- A non-profit making organisation founded on the belief that trees should form a significant and necessary part of the urban landscape. Aims to increase London's tree stock.
The Soil Association
- Campaigning and certification body for organic food and farming. Develops and provides practical and sustainable solutions which combine food production and environmental protection and human health.
Traffix Car Sharing
- A UK-based car sharing organisation working nationwide, offering a friendly effective service.
Trailblazers: Rights of Way
- The National Federation of Bridleway Associations and the South Pennine Pack Horse Trails Trust are organisations that promote equestrian access, protect rights of way and ancient lanes, campaign for access to open country, and maintains a list of open and closed bridleways and Current Issues regarding access in the UK.
Trees 4 Life
- Environment improvement charity to replant hundreds of trees and shrubs in urban areas.
- Email group in the UK concerning The Incineration Campaign. Local action groups can communicate with each on this issue.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor