Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"To a Rejected Sonnet"
- A sonnet by Gladstone.
Cabinet Papers 1880-1916
- Index to documents available at the Public Record Office, Kew. Available on paper or microfilm, but not downloadable.
Encyclopedia of Marxism: Gladstone
- A Marxist view of Gladstone's achievements.
Encyclopædia Britannica on Gladstone
- The most complete of the encyclopædia pieces here.
Famous Scots - William Ewart Gladstone
- Although born in Liverpool, both Gladstone's parents were Scottish.
Gladstone in Cornell University's 'Making of America'
- An archive of letters and books by or about Gladstone; most viewable in facsimile or downloadable as (OCR) text. N.B. also click Next as most are on the next page.
- St. Deiniol's in Flintshire was founded by Gladstone to contain his private library, which he gave to the nation. Britain's only residential library, the site includes how to get there and accommodation rates.
Gladstone, William Ewart
- In The Columbia Encyclopedia: Sixth Edition.
Grave of William Ewart Gladstone
- It is in Westminster Abbey.
Greenwich 2000: William Gladstone
- William Ewart Gladstone 1809 - 1898. A clearly written piece, with timeline.
Head of Gladstone
- Statue at the Wool Exchange, Bradford.
History of Home Rule for Ireland
- Gladstone and the fight for Home Rule.
Infoplease on Gladstone
- Introduction, early career, Prime Minister. "To many he represented the best qualities of Victorian England".
Letter to a disgruntled tax-payer
- Sent three days after his first Budget Speech, which was "one of the most wonderful passages of persuasive reasoning in the records of Parliament", but had failed to persuade this taxpayer why he should pay £2 1s. 8d. per annum extra.
Politicians and Their Reading
- Lord Jenkins, author of a recent Glastone biography, on the reading habits of William Ewart Gladstone.
Portraits of William Ewart Gladstone, Prime Minister
- Index to 65 portraits and photos of Gladstone at the National Portrait Gallery, with images. Gladstone was a trustee of the Gallery.
Prominent Men and Women of the Day
- An article written on Gladstone by Thos. W. Herringshaw in 1888.
The Election of 1885 and Home Rule for Ireland
- A discussion of the events shown in letters of the time.
The Gladstone-Granville Correspondence 1868-1876
- Précis of the book by Agatha Ramm.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor