Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Child Labour in the 19th Century
- Categories include: Factory Reformers, Supporters of Child Labour, Life in the Factory, The Factory Workers, Tactics and Issues, and The Factory Acts
Penny Magazine Online Home Page
- British smuggling in the 18th and 19th centuries. Directions to smugglers pubs, coves, caves and tunnels, together with the full, indexed text of a book on smuggling.
The Emancipation of Women: 1860-1920
- Thirty-five biographies of women who played a prominent role in the struggle for equality. Includes written primary sources produced by, or about, them.
The Peterloo Massacre
The Victorian Emporium
- Dedicated to the lifestyles of the Victorian Era. Several detailed articles available on Victorian rituals and etiquette.
The Victorians: Resources for Schools
- Resources for school projects on the Victorian era. Music, images of the Queen, the phonograph, Florence Nightingale and Education.
Victoria Research Web
- Provides research resources for the study of all aspects of Victorian Britain.
Victorian Census Project
- Aims to computerise a number of source documents and related materials relating to Great Britain in the mid-nineteenth century.
- Dedicated to Victorian enthusiasts: a brief history and photos of the Victorian Era including Queen Victoria, Cameos and Victorian Architecture
Virtual Victorian House Tour
- Take a virtual tour of an imaginery Victorian era home, and learn all about lifestyles of the era, customs and interests. (Factual information set within a fictional tour. Includes many pictures)
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor