Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Emery Paper (Version 4)
- A concise guide to researching British ancestry both locally and at a distance. Everything the family historian wants to know about the IGI, using parish registers, the Civil Registration system, the 19th century Census returns and dozens of other archives, indexes and sources, with all the costs, contacts, addresses and tips a professional or amateur researcher could ever need. (Updated January 1999) Copyright: Ashton Emery
English Record Offices and Archives on the Web
- Arranged Alphabetically by County. Provides URLs for the various record offices and archives.
- Resources for research of Entertainer families; including circus, showmen, theatre and music hall. Mainly United Kingdom but also worldwide.
Family History Services
- Offers genealogical research services for families originating in England and Wales. Links to genealogy sites.
- UK family history researchers.
Federation of Family History Societies
- FFHS is an international organisation based in the UK which represents, advises and supports over 220 family history societies and genealogical organisations world-wide, with a total Membership of over 180,000.
- A service to look up ancestors from England and Wales - and to obtain certificates from the Family Records Office, London.
Fourbears Family History Research
- Family research service for the UK.
- FreeBMD stands for Free Births, Marriages, and Deaths. The FreeBMD Project's objective is to provide free Internet access to the Civil Registration index information for England and Wales.
- A useful site for all Fulchers trying to research the Fulcher family name.
- The UK and Ireland Genealogical Information Service is a source of genealogical information.
Genealogy & Family Reseach UK
- Online application form to apply to have the research done for you.
Genealogy Search Engine
- European genealogy search engine with separate indexes for Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, UK and France.
Genealogy of Mathieu Vallet, chemist and balloonist.
- The site for the Vallet surname and similar-sounding surnames in England and in the Ain district of France.
Genealogy of the Isles
- Starting point for anyone researching their English, Irish, Manx, Scottish, and Welsh roots. Post a genealogy query, read other queries, and explore a variety of resources.
- Professional and friendly company which helps to trace ancestors in the United Kingdom.
Gentrace the genealogy page
- Gentrace . . . Family History Research Facility in the UK with over 20 years experience in genealogical research
- Information for genealogists researching the Tyneside area. Also local history, Geordie folklore and photographs of the area.
- Details of the history and development of this name in various areas of the UK.
Hale Family History
- Research into the Hale name from the west of England and South Wales. Contains many extractions from census returns, parish registers and town directories.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor