Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A-Z to Deafblindness
- Tries to let sighted hearing persons understand more about deafblindness and the people who live with being deafblind. Includes information about how we all can communicate with a deafblind person.
- Providing healthy living centres with a particular focus on the inclusion of people who have special needs arising from disabilities or mental illness.
- Disability and computing charity offering assessments, advice, information and support.
- Disabled/handicapped resources. Links, classified, gov't, letters, games, downloads, freebies. (UK)
Action for Blind People
- Charity which enables blind and partially sighted people to gain equal opportunities in every aspect of their lives. Information, advice and details of current fundraising activities.
- Disability angling charity.
British Services Disabilities
- Governing UK bodies concerning disabilities plus web sites concerned with disabilities.
Care and Disability Management Support
- Consultancy and support package for managers and trustees of organisations providing learning disability services.
Deaf Support Team - City of Bristol College
- Sign Language and notetaking support for deaf and hearing impaired students in college. Courses in BSL, lipreading, makaton, communication support work. Deaf awareness information for students, and tutors. Statistics on Deafness. Links to international deaf-related websites.
- Mailing list for deaf people in the UK.
- National charity providing support services to, and campaigning on behalf of, deafblind adults and their carers.
- Print publication for "everyone with an interest in disability". Includes archive.
Disabled Drivers Association in the Northwest
- Useful information for disabled drivers in the Northwest.
Disabled Holiday Directory
- Listings of holiday accommodation and services for the disabled and handicapped in the UK and Ireland.
Disabled in Community Action and Shopmobility Connswater
- Advice and services provider to member users with various disabilities, age, infirm, long term sick and terminally ill.
- Charity which specialises in helping the physically disabled to train their OWN pet dogs to work as assistance dogs. Details of training available and fundraising activities.
- Directories and guides to health care information, organisations, education, support groups and events. Also has online shop and other relevant information.
Focus on Disability
- Provides information for those disabled in the UK covering topics such as benefits, benefit rates, contacts and organisations, independent living, social services, NHS, and mobility.
- Introduction agency for disabled people in the UK.
Jubilee Sailing Trust
- Adventure sailing holidays for able-bodied and disabled people.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor