Science and Environment
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Arboricultural Information Exchange.
- The AIE site has news, links and collections of resources for arboriculture.
Botanic Gardens Conservation International
- An international clearing house mechanism for botanic gardens, based in Surrey.
Economic Botany at Kew
- A useful set of web links to research, information, collections and educations sites. Based at the RBG Kew website.
HDRA - Heritage Seed Library
- The Heritage Seed Library aims to conserve as much biodiversity as it can and make as many varieties of vegetables available as possible.
International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) - Europe
- Developed to assist tree care professionals in developing and maintaining effective plant health care programs.
National Council for the Conservation of Plants and Gardens
- The NCCPG organises and coordinates the conservation and preservation of plants in national collections.
- An educational site about woodlands and why native trees are so important to our ecology, of interest to young and old.
People and Plants Online
- The People and Plants Initiative, involving WWF, UNESCO, and Kew Gardens, working on applied research projects, community workshops, exchanges and training courses with young ethnobotanists.
Plants for a Future
- Resource centre for rare and unusual plants, particularly those which have edible, medicinal or other uses.
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- The Kew Gardens website, with numerous links and many hosted websites.
The Postcode Plants Database
- Plant heritage enters the information age. Documents native plants in order to encourage gardeners to plant the native trees, shrubs and flowers which are local to their areas.
Top Trees UK - Register of Notable Trees
- Free searchable register of notable UK trees with photo galleries.
- Arboricultural information.
UK Plant Genetic Resources Group
- A collection of links relating to plant genetic resources and associated activities.
Wye College National Fruit Collections
- The UK National Fruit Collection maintains the genetic stock of cultivated top and bush fruit.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor