Recreation and Sports
Submit a site
Books, CDs, Tapes and Videos
Long Distance Paths
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Access to the Open Countryside of England and Wales
- The Government's Framework for Action by the UK Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions.
Camping and Tramping
- Campsites, walks, pubs, cheap eating and other information on the mountains of England and Wales.
- 2 day annual team competition for younger people. Also contains a map and compass tutorial
- Walking guides, hiking, photographs and information on walking the Lake District and the Peak District.
- Listing of walks throughout the united kingdom. Information includes distances, local information and photographs. The walks are also rated in terms of their scenery, difficulty, and suitability for families.
- UK walk descriptions, plus shareware database of the British hills and mountains. Also contains information on books and landscape photography.
- Contains information on gps walks with more than 80 routes which can be downloaded and used in conjunction with the Garmin PCX5 program .
- Guide to walking in the UK. Detailed descriptions of all levels of walks across the country with information on where to stay and the latest news and reviews from the world of walking.
Hiking and Walking
- Index to organizations, trails, places to hike and walk, events, gear, tours and treks, clubs, videos.
- Interactive footpath for the South west of England.
MAFF - Conservation Walks Register
- Site provides details and maps for 1,000 conservation walks in the U.K. Includes educational opportunities. Enlists the help of farmers in conservation.
Muddy Boots: Roaming the Welsh Marshes
- Walking and rambling in the Welsh hills and the border areas known as the Welsh Marches. Also in Herefordshire, Powys, Radnoshire.
Peak Bagging Page
- Names, heights and grid references of hills in the UK over 2000 feet. Richard Moss.
- A database of walk routecards as used by scouts, ramblers and other walkers. Searchable by location and area .
Statistical Topics in Hillwalking
- Articles and information of a statistical or scientific nature for hillwalkers. Includes the use of altimeters in height measurement and UK weather links.
- Purpose is to share climbing, walking and backpacking experiences, and to encourage articles to be sent in to be added to the article listings. Includes links to related resources .
- Online publisher of UK mountain tables and fables, and 'The Angry Corrie' fanzine.
The British Tourist Authority: Walking Britain
- The complete guide to walking in Britain: routes, maps and advice, festivals and events, tour operators and fun competitions. Information on the Britain for Walkers Club.
The Hills of Great Britain and Ireland
- Lists of more than 2600 hills and mountains in Great Britain and Ireland, using the database at the University of Liverpool.
The Institute of Public Rights of Way Officers
- A professional body which represents over 300 individuals who are involved in the management of public rights of way in England, Wales and Scotland principally as local government officers.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor