Submit a site
Community Health Councils
National Health Service
Government Health and Welfare Organisations
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alliance for Health Professionals
- Trade union federation formed by The British Dietetic Association, The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, The British Orthoptic Society, The Federation of Clinical Scientists, The Society of Chiropodists & Podiatrists and The Society of Radiographers.
Association for Respiratory Technology and Physiology
- Professional association for practitioners working in respiratory physiology and technology. National professional examinations in both spirometry and basic respiratory function testing.
British Cardiac Intervention Society
- For cardiac specialists. News of research and audit. Mailing list and discussion board.
British Cardiac Society
- For cardiac specialists. No patient information yet, but site still under development (Nov 1999).
British Healthcare Internet Association
- An association for health care professionals and others, who are dedicated to the advancement of health care through the application of Internet technologies
British Medical Association
- The BMA is the main professional organization representing UK doctors and is an independent trade union. This site is primarily for doctors and some sections are restricted to BMA members only.
British Paediatric Surveillance Unit
- Professional society. Research and monitoring of uncommon childhood diseases.
Clinical Trials Service Unit
- Medical research unit based at Oxford University. Studies chronic diseases such as cancer, heart attacks and strokes. Site provides some information on recent projects.
College of Prison Medicine
- Professional association for prison doctors in the UK.
Council For Professions Supplementary To Medicine
- Professional association.
Council of Heads of Medical Schools
- Council of the Heads, or Deans, of the faculties of medicine and medical schools in the UK.
Doctor Patient Partnership
- Official body. Promotes the responsible use of GP services. Offers practical advice on self-medication.
General Medical Council
- All practising medical doctors in the UK must be registered with the GMC. This official site describes the functions of the Council and displays guidance for doctors and the public.
Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (UK)
- Statutory body which regulates, licenses and collects data on fertility treatments in the UK. Provides information on fertility matters. It includes a plain english guide for patients.
- In Medical Practice Action to Co-ordinate Technologies. For GPs concerned about the development of the NHS Net
Institute of Healthcare Management
- Professional body for managers working in health services in the UK. An extensive site with detailed information about the Institute, including a private members only section.
Joint Committee on Postgraduate Training for General Practice
- Issues the certificates which allow doctors to practice as General Practitioners in the UK. Approves and inspects all training posts for general practice. Site provides details on how to obtain a certificate. Lists doctors who hold the certificate.
Medical Devices Agency
- Official government body responsible for ensuring that medical devices meet safety standards. Newsletters. How to report safety problems.
Medical Protection Society
- Mutual assurance society providing professional insurance for doctors. Guidance papers and case reports available.
Medical Research Council
- Large UK organization which commissions, funds and carries out medical research projects. Details of the organization are available. Detail of individual projects is sparse.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor