Submit a site
Northern Ireland Councils
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Association for Public Sector Excellence
- Informs member Local Authorities about developments in Best Value, best practice and innovations in direct service delivery. Site provides information on APSE, forthcoming events and details of services offered.
Association of Local Authority Business Consultants
- Aims to keep members up to date with trends and developments which affect their work, to provide a forum for the exchange of expertise and experience, and to raise the profile of consultancy within the local government sector.
- Consortium which owns a steel building system for use by Local Authorities to provide buildings for education, community, leisure and emergency services.
Central Buying Consortium
- The largest local authority purchasing consortium in the United Kingdom, covering most of the local authorities in south-eastern and central England. (Access restricted to CBC members.)
Department of Transport, Local Government and the Regions
- DTLR. Responsible for housing, transport, local government, regeneration and urban and regional issues. Formerly DETR.
- Describes the role of the EO in national negotiations on the pay and conditions of local government employees and in providing advice on employment law and related issues.
English Regional Associations
- Voluntary grouping of local government regional organisations which have been working together over several years to address on-going regional issues of mutual interest.
Exchanging Information with the Public
- Offers information about the work of the EIP Group, a collaboration between UK local councils.
Foundation for IT in Local Government
- Independent body which promotes innovation in local democracy and service delivery.
Improvement and Development Agency
- Describes the work of the Agency in helping improvement in local authorities, developing the skills of people working in local government and helping local authorities tackle change.
Information for Local Government from Central Government.
- Info4local provides a gateway to local government-related information published on the web sites of UK central government departments and agencies.
Local Agenda 21 UK
- Local Agenda 21 is the process of drawing up and implementing local sustainable development plans. This site provides information on how this is being tackled in the UK. Includes press releases and a discussion forum.
Local Authorities Research and Intelligence Association
- Established to promote the role and practice of research within the field of local government and provide a supportive network for those conducting or commissioning research. Site provides news and background information on the LARIA plus publications, jobs and features.
Local Government Association
- The Local Government Association's Internet service 'LGAnet' provides information on the major issues affecting local government and details of current LGA activities.
Local Government Commission for England
- An independent body set up by Parliament. Its task is to review and make recommendations to the Government on whether there should be changes to the structure of local government.
Local Government Information Unit (LGIU)
- The LGIU is an independent research and information organisation supported by councils and the local government trade unions. The site provides general information on their role and activities, as well as providing updates on the latest legal, political and technical information.
Local Government International Bureau
- Acts as the European arm of the Local Government Association for England and Wales, aiding local authorities to access European grants, promote local government concerns and influence policy.
Local Standards Committees
- Information and discussion about Local Standards Committees and the Local Government Bill.
Local and Regional Government
- Portal to a wide range of information on local governance, from the Department of Transport, Local Government and the Regions (formerly DETR).
Modern Local Government - In Touch with the People
- UK Government White Paper which sets out a vision of councils listening to the people they serve, building up their communities, working in partnership with others and delivering efficient services to high standards.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor