Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Central Adjudication Services
- An independent adjudicatory body with documents and reports giving legal guidance on the interpretation of social security and child support law.
Civil Justice Council
- The Council's remit is to keep the civil justice system under review and consider how to make it more accessible, fair and efficient. The site explains the structure and function of the council and provides a link to the Criminal Procedure Act 1997.
Community Legal Service
- Just Ask!, the community Legal Service website. The first port of call for on-line legal information and advice. Easy searching of quality-checked links. The authoritative Directory of advice providers.
Coroners' Courts: Increases In Financial Loss Allowances
- Home office circular 56/99: increases in financial loss allowances for jurors and ordinary witnesses, in fees for professional witnesses in coroners' courts, and in fees for coroners' post-mortems.
Correctional Policy Unit
- Contact information for the advisory body on prisons and probational services.
Criminal Cases Review Commission
- Provides information on how to apply to the Commission as well as background info on their work.
Criminal Courts' Review
- Site seeking opinions from the public on the future direction of the court system.
Criminal Injuries Compensation Appeals Panel
- Includes information on the principles and procedure of the 1990 and 1996 (tariff) schemes, an annual report and an online notice of appeal form.
Criminal Policy Group
- Home Office advisory body on effective sentencing to reduce re-offending.
HM Chief Inspector of Prisons for England and Wales
- Outlines the work of the Chief Inspector and his team.
Legal Aid (England and Wales)
- Explains the workings of the Legal Aid system in the UK. Site includes information on what aid is available, how to apply and the qualification criteria.
Lord Chancellor's Department
- Site details the department's role in the efficient administration of justice in England and Wales. It contains the text of various consultation papers and speeches.
- Site includes the board's annual report and the "Release Directions".
Privy Council Office - Judicial Committee
- Information about the court of final appeal for Commonwealth countries, which have retained the appeal to Her Majesty in Council or, in the case of Republics, to Judicial Committee. Also final appeal court for the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and UK overseas territories. Also determines "devolution issues" within the UK.
- Information on the Probation Service for England and Wales.
Sentencing and Offences Unit
- Provides a number of on-line publications including the Sexual Offences bill and draft guidance on children involved in prostitution.
Serious Fraud Office
- The SFO is the UK body which investigates and prosecutes serious and complex fraud. Site contains a mixture of information on the work of the SFO at home and abroad along with a guide for witnesses appearing on behalf of the office.
The Court Service
- Executive agency providing admin support to a number of courts and tribunals in England and Wales. Site includes a description of the court system with a number of guides to recent changes.
The Criminal Justice System
- Information on the workings of the criminal justice system in England and Wales.
The Law Commission
- Site for the Law Commission: the independent body set up by Parliament in 1965 to keep the law of England and Wales under review and to recommend reform when it is needed.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor