Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Review of the Sentencing Framework
- Publicity leaflet. To consider: principles to guide sentencing decisions; comparing types of disposal re the overarching objectives, costs and their relative effectiveness in reducing reoffending; changes recommended with costs and effects on the prison population. Final report due 1 May 2001.
Committee of Inquiry into Hunting with Dogs in England and Wales (UK)
- Governmental Inquiry. In-depth coverage: final report (12 June 2000), written submissions from both pro- and anti- groups and individuals (337 first subs and 109 second subs posted), as well as reports from research contracts, transcripts of seminars and oral evidence, and Committee visits.
- The Review will consider the current state of the gambling industry and likely developments over the next ten years, and will make recommendations on the nature and extent of regulation for gambling activities in Great Britain. Terms of reference, the review body, evidence and submissions, visits, latest developments and press releases, FAQ and contacts. Announced 8 December 1999.
Home Office - Reviews and Committees of Inquiry
- Current Reviews and Committees of Inquiry.
Inquiry into Student Finance (Scotland)
- Review tuition fees and financial support, promote higher and further education, recommend changes, and produce a final report. Opened July 1999, final report due end of 2000.
- Non-Statutory Inquiry into identification of victims following major transport accidents. Terms of Reference, Background Info. Fact Sheet, NSI Proceedings, NSI Timetable, Statements, Transcripts, Submissions, Materials, Press Releases, Location, Contact Details and Links. Formal report released 23 March 2001.
Southall Rail Accident Inquiry
- Information on the inquiry into the fatal rail crash at Southall on 19th September 1997. The inquiry concluded at the end of December 1999.
Stephen Lawrence Inquiry
- Links to Final Report and Action Plan progress associated with Sir William Macpherson's Inquiry into the death of Stephen Lawrence on 22 April 1993 to identify the lessons to be learned for the investigation and prosecution of racially motivated crimes. Final report February 1999, action plans ongoing.
The BSE Inquiry
- Establish and review the history into the emergence and identification of BSE and new variant CJD in the United Kingdom. Opened 9 March 1998.
The Bloody Sunday Inquiry
- Official site of the investigation. Includes information about the inquiry itself, transcripts of the evidence which it has taken and texts of its rulings and press releases.
The Bristol Royal Infirmary Inquiry
- Inquiry into the management of the care of children receiving complex cardiac surgical services at the Bristol Royal Infirmary between 1984 and 1995 and relevant related issues. Established 18 June 1998, interim report 10 May 2000, response to media speculation 22 February 2001.
The Ladbroke Grove Rail Inquiry
- Lord Cullen's inquiry into the Ladbroke Grove Rail Accident (5 October 1999). Opened May 2000, hearings completed 20 December 2000, report in process.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor