Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Regular news on the plans for the next UK census.
British Official Publications Current Awareness Service (BOPCAS)
- Free and subscription service, based at University of Southampton, which provides access to an extensive database of British Official Publications.
Central Office of Information
- The COI provides publicity services to UK Government departments. The site includes results from some of the research it sponsors.
E-government news from KableNET
- UK e-government and information age public service news from Kable, the publisher of Government Computing.
European Information Network in the UK
- Provides a gateway to European information for the UK regions. It incorporates 12 regional and one national site.
G8 Government On-Line
- Project involving the governments of over 20 countries working together to promote on-line delivery of government services to citizens and businesses.
Government Millennium Centre
- Monitoring events in the UK and abroad in order to keep the public informed about any disturbances caused by the Millennium Bug.
Government Statistical Service
- UK statistics and data service. Health, economic and population data available.
Her Majesty's Stationery Office - Home Page
- The HMSO site includes links to a large amount of online government material, including legislation and asset registers.
Home Office Research Development and Statistics Directorate
- RDS provides information to Ministers and policy makers to help in their decision making, and also helps the police, probation service, the courts, immigration officials and fire-fighters in their work. Site includes some interesting statistical info on crime rates in the UK.
Official Documents home page
- The Stationery Office site providing online versions of government material as well as information on ordering copies of official reports.
Public Record Office (UK)
- Research affiliation: Research Library Group.
Public Service Communication Agency
- Publications designed to connect local and central government with the private sector. Procurement, best value and practice, policy and future developments are all subjects covered.
Publications from Britain
- Publications from Britain is an on-line store for books, posters, and CD-ROMs. These are all official publications produced by the UK's Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
The Office for National Statistics
- UK Government Agency that produces and disseminates social, health, economic, demographic, labour market and business statistics. Includes StatBase - a fully searchable database of key statistics.
The Society of Public Information Networks
- Responsible for promoting and representing the joint interests of public information networks providers in the UK. Site provides background information and joining details for the SPIN.
The UK Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency
- Provides details of the roles and responsibilities of CCTA and also detailed information on CCTA run events including EPIC (European Public Sector Information Systems Conference).
- Part of the implementation strategy for the e-Government Interoperability Framework, UK GovTalk provides a forum to enable the Public Sector, Industry and other interested parties to work together in developing and agreeing policies and standards for e-government.
UK Government Information from About.com
- Information, links and resources to help people understand and use government services.
UK National Digital Archive of Datasets
- NDAD contains archived digital data from UK government departments and agencies. To access the data you need to be a registered user.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor