Submit a site
Environment and Transport
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Guide to Wildlife Law Enforcement in the UK
- Compiled and edited by Michael Bradley Taylor QPM, the guide covers a range of topics from native birds to poaching, cruelty, trapping and poisoning.
Basking Shark Proposal
- Proposal by the UK Government to include the Basking Shark (Cetorhinus maximus) on Appendix II of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES).
- Information on the UK Government's position on The Washington Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Adviser to Government
- The JNCC is the UK Government's wildlife adviser, undertaking national and international conservation work on behalf of the three country nature conservation agencies. Site includes press releases and publications.
Minimising Disturbance to Cetaceans
- UK Government guidelines on minimising the disturbance to cetaceans from whale watching and recreational activities.
- Copies of the bi-annual publication from the Partnership for Action against Wildlife Crime.
Protected Trees: A Guide to Tree Preservation Procedures
- Guidance for the tree owners, the general public and amenity groups which answers some of the most common questions about tree preservation procedures in the UK.
The Global Wildlife Division
- Introduction to the GWD, who carry out the British Government's responsibilities for the conservation and sustainable use of wild species of animals, birds and plants.
The Zoos Forum
- Established as part of the UK Government's proposals to modernise British zoos and ensure that captive wild animals are properly cared for into the next century.
White-Headed Duck Task Force
- Recommendations for action within the UK to conserve the globally threatened White-headed duck.
Wildlife Crime: A Directory of Forensic Expertise
- Contains details of experts and institutions with expertise in a variety of forensic techniques used to investigate wildlife crime.
Wildlife and Countryside
- Sites contains briefing notes and recommendations on a number of topics; from preservation of the White-headed Duck to Leylandii and other high hedges.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor