Society and Culture
Submit a site
Animal Welfare and Interest
Humanitarian and Rights
Peace and Co-Operation
Development and Aid
Disability and Health
Federation of Irish Scout Associations
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Age & Opportunity
- A national agency set up in 1988 to challenge negative attitudes towards ageing and to promote greater participation by older people in society with a broad programme of initiatives in areas like the arts, education, the media, physical activity and older women.
Airfield Trust (Airfield House and Gardens)
- The Trust cares for the estate left by the Overrend family, providing a venue for a wide range of cultural, recreational and educational activities.
- A voluntary group (December 1997), providing a confidential helpline and support service, and information, for male victims of domestic abuse. Includes information articles and letters.
- An Irish Charity, the fundraising arm of Beaumont Hospital.
Burma Action Ireland
- Irish organisation campaigning for democracy and human rights in Burma.
Catholic Youth Council (CYC)
- A major provider of services to youth in the Dublin area, CYC promotes personal, physical, social and spiritual development. Details are given of services, events and holiday centres.
Conservation Volunteers Ireland
- An organisation of volunteers to work on conservation projects in Ireland, from part-days to weeks away. With information on membership and activities, schedules and contact details.
Consumers' Association of Ireland
- An independent, non-profit organisation working on behalf of Irish consumers for over thirty years; campaigns, tests products and publishes "Consumer Choice" magazine.
- An organisation which works in the area of trees, especially re. the replanting of Ireland with broadleaf trees. Describes basics of group and work, tree-sponsorship scheme and allows online joining; form for tree sponsorship available to print.
Dublin Bay Watch
- A group campaigning on the issue of proposed partial infill of Dublin Bay.
Dublin Cycling Campaign
- Promotes the idea of cycling for health, the environment and flow of ideas to promote cycling thoughout Ireland.
Dublin Rape Crisis Centre (DRCC)
- The Centre offers information and guidance on matters concerning rape and sexual assault and a comprehensive therapy programme for victims. The service is based in Dublin but takes calls from all over Ireland.
ESRI - The Economic and Social Research Institute
- Background, work, staff and current economic situation.
Emerald Society of Wisconsin
- Irish American organisation of law enforcement officers, part of a national network of such groups
Friends of Christ Church Cathedral Dublin
- Range of pages about the Friends organisation, their history, structures and activities; includes information on joining (for printing only).
Friends of St. Patrick's Cathedral
- Pages from within the Cathedral site which describe the work of the Friends and provide details on joining (offline only).
- Ireland's gateway to Japan - a portal site for Irish people interested in Japanese culture, language and etiquette. It offers a guide to the best web sites of Japanese interest and where to find Japanese culture in Ireland.
Irish League of Credit Unions (ILCU)
- The shared association for Irish credit unions, local co-operative ventures which take savings and provide smaller loans, with a database of unions, query form, FAQ and details of activities.
National Youth Federation
- A co-ordinating agency for local independent youth services throughout Ireland, which also operates the Irish Youthwork Centre. Offers notes on training resources, programmes, current issue of magazine and other information.
Newcomers Club Directory for Ireland
- A directory of Newcomers Clubs in Ireland, which help integrate new residents into the local community through social events, interest groups and children's activities
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor