Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Irish Tourist Board Magazine
- A bi-monthly publication portraying Ireland's history,culture and lifestyle.
Late Gaelic Ireland
- Moderated discussion group for the history and archaeology of Late Medieval to Earlier Modern Ireland, c.1000-1700AD and related topics.
Mallow Archaeological and Historical Society
- A nonprofit society for the pursuit of the history and archaeology of the Blackwater Valley area in North Cork through field trips, lectures and the publication of an annual journal.
- A historically accurate account of the murder of a young Irish republican in Belfast 1921.
National School Records
- With lists of holdings by county.
- A short slideshow of some images from Irish history.
- Irish Police History
Postcards from Ireland circa AD 1910
- An insight into the minds of a group of Republican prisoners on the Curragh in 1922 with verbatim extracts from Reilly's "auto", or autograph book.
Step Back in Time in Donegal
- Read about a year-long project to farm the land using only old-time farming methods.
The Background to Lighthouse History
- Information on lighthouses in general plus a look at Ireland including a section on The Forgotten Irish Sailors.
The Department of Irish Folklore
- An article on the national repository of folklore and UCD's role in acquiring it.
The Geography of Ancient Ireland
- Regional information. Includes a map.
The Hubert Butler Centenary Celebration
- Images, links and info on Butler and his writings.
The Ireland Story
- From prehistoric times to the present day. Supported with lots of maps and special detailed sections on the Famine, Omagh bomb, The Troubles and others.
The Irish Brigade Association
- Comprehensive information and history including details on how to become a member.
The Irish Kennedys
- Reviews of a book written about the history of the Irish Kennedys.
The National Archives of Ireland
The O'Neills of Tyrone
- Information on a group re-enacting life in 16thC Ireland.
The Wild Geese Today
- Information on the formation and history of the Wild Geese. Features articles, including one on the Irish Brigade; and a weekly look at history.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor