Arts and Entertainment
Submit a site
Architects in Practice
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
An Taisce: The National Trust for Ireland
- Concerned with conserving the best of Ireland's heritage, both built and natural. Policy, environmental programs, National Spring Clean, planning, events.
- Architectural discussion area provided by Archéire.
Architectural Association of Ireland
- Supplies information on current lectures and events in Ireland, documentation of recent awards recipients, quarterly publication Building Material, and links to related sites.
Archéire - Irish Architecture Online
- An important portal covering history, preservation, current developments and issues. News, discussion areas, reviews, articles and databases. Hosts and links to related resources.
Art Deco Ireland
- Photographs and description of inter-war buildings in Ireland, predominantly Art Deco. It includes cinemas and the remarkable church designed by Chicago architect Francis Barry Byrne. Geo-cities pop-up banners.
Augustinian Monasteries in Ireland
- Illustrated article by Dermot Doggett from 'Archaeology Ireland' Spring 1996.
- The story of the restoration of this 250-year-old thatched cottage in County Wexford.
- The Irish branch of the international working party for documentation and conservation of buildings and neighbourhoods of the modern movement. Hosted by Archéire.
Heritage of Ireland
- Department of Arts, Heritage, Gaeltacht and the Islands. Interactive maps lead to photographs, descriptions and visitor information on historic sites, buildings, gardens and inland waterways managed by Dúchas, the Heritage Service.
Houses, Castles and Gardens of Ireland
- Represents a broad selection of heritage attractions. For each there is a location map, photograph, brief history and visitor information. Also an events list.
Irish Architectural Archive
- A charitable company established in 1976 to collect and preserve the records of Ireland's architectural heritage and make them available to researchers. Hosted by Archéire.
Irish Georgian Society
- Ireland's architectural heritage society. Its interests have spread from Georgian to the conservation of distinguished examples of architecture of all periods in Ireland. Hosted by Archéire.
- The Irish Georgian Society supplies brief histories and visitor information on the medieval castle of Leixlip, the 18th-century Glin Castle and Conolly's Folly, and the 19th-century mansion Clonalis.
Irish Stone Walls and Stone Buildings
- Traditional ways of working with stone and lime mortars in Ireland. Workshops, books and consultancy.
Sources for Building History
- A guide to researching historic buildings in the British Isles: UK and Republic of Ireland. A searchable tool for students and professionals provided by Jean Manco, lecturer in building history.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor