Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Cyndi's List - Iceland
- Genealogy resources for Iceland.
Genealogy Helplist Iceland
- Volunteers offering help to people researching Icelandic families.
Iceland Family Genealogy Forum
- Shows the difference between spelling a name in the usual western alphabet, the Icelandic alphabet and the traditional Runic based characters.
Icelandic Americans - Census
- From the U.S. Department of Commerce 1990 Census of Population, representing ancestry. Includes Icelandic-Americans and Icelandic nationals.
- Explanation of the heritage of names in Iceland.
Runes and Pronunciation
- Features the Icelandic alphabet, the Runic character equivalents of the alphabet and the pronunciation of vowels in Icelandic.
- Did your ancestors come to the Americas from Iceland? Meet your relatives in Iceland, learn the Icelandic language. Month-long program in Iceland.
Vesturfarasetrið á Hofsósi
- Information center located in Hofsós, N-Iceland, promoting friendship and cultural links with the descendants of Icelandic emigrants.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor