Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Prestigious Gallo-Roman Sanctuary: Grand (Vosges - Lorraine)
- The visitor who wishes to discover Grand today, like a pilgrim of old, must leave the major highways and take second class roads which will lead him to the frontiers of Lorraine and the Champagne region, in the eastern part of the Vosges, commonly known as the Vosges plain.
Antique Maps of France
- Historical maps of different countries from the 16th through 19th centuries from cartographers such as Ortelius, Homann, Blaeu, Bellin and others.
- This collection archives works of the eighteenth century from the perspectives of literary and cultural studies. Novels, plays, memoirs, treatises and poems of the period are kept here (in some cases, influential texts from before 1700 or after 1800 as well), along with modern criticism.
France for Visitors
- Large collection of France history links.
French History Timeline
- Chronological highlights, with links and photographs for major people, topics, and events.
- Offered by WR Furniture. Highlights the main characteristics of furniture in the period of Louis XV, Louis XIV and Louis XVI.
- H-France is devoted to promoting the discussion, study, and teaching of French history and culture.
Heritage Sites and Museums
- Monuments and museums in Meuse.
Histoire de France
- (Cornell University): "Histoire de France" offers a selection of resources on French history that correspond to various sites on the Internet.
History - The web site of the Insitute of Historical Research
- The History web site was established in 1993 with the aim of promoting the use of electronic networks by historians and history students and providing easy access to on-line resources.
History of the Bourbon-Condé Family
- Short stories about a branch of the French royalty. Includes Bourbon-Conti and Bourbon-Soissons.
Le Musée Niépce
- Photography museum.
Le Poulet Gauche
- A guide to the history, culture, and daily life of 16th century France.
Not the Germans Alone
- A book by Isaac Levendel relating the author's childhood memories about the Holocaust in France and the complicity of the Vichy government with the Nazis.
Paul Halsall/Fordham University: Internet History Sourcebooks Project
- The Internet History Sourcebooks are collectionsof public domain and copy-permitted historical texts presented cleanly (without advertising or excessive layout) for educational use.
Reflections On The Revolution In France
- The classical work of Edmund Burke "Reflections On The Revolution In France" about the French revolution, with notes and an easy guide index.
The Development of Southern French and Catalan Society, 718-1050
- Etext of book by Archibald Ross Lewis (frame-dependent HTML at Libro)
The WWW-VL History Index
- This is the central catalogue for the WWW-VL network of indexes to Historical materials on-line. It is intended for general public use, but its coverage and selection of sites concentrates on creating a useful for those pursuing historical research on-line
Words and Deeds of Madness in Eighteenth-Century Paris
- Publication of archival documents (in French and English translation) about the mentally ill in eighteenth-century Paris.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor