Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Animal Refuge Kansai
- Non-profit organization in Kansai promoting animal welfare and responsible ownership of animals as well as being a shelter for animals in real need.
Boy Scouts of Nippon
- WOSM member association.
Democrats Abroad Japan
- For Americans to participate in the US Democratic Party while living in Japan. Helps voting from abroad.
East Kobe Toastmasters Club
- Eastern Kobe chapter for Toastmaster Club, a group helping with public speaking.
Food Bank Japan
- Listing events, recruites volunteers, and solicits food donations.
Foreign Residents' Advisory Windows
- A list of consulting and support organizations for foreign residents in Tokyo which provide services in foreign languages.
Indian Community Activities Tokyo
- ICAT is an association of Indians living in the Kanto area of Japan.
International Internship Programs
- Established in 1979 and now has disbursed at least 8,000 interns to various countries such as United States, Europe, and Asia.
- Japan Automobile Federation. Rules of the road in six languages, switching overseas driver's license to Japanese driver's license, road service information.
- Japan Productivity Center for Socio-Economic Development.
Japan Nepal Society
- Promoting understanding between the peoples of Japan and Nepal. Event dates, discussion forum, newsletter.
Japan Policy Research Institute
- A non-profit membership organization dedicated to the promotion of understanding of Japan's political economic behavior and growing significance in world affairs.
Japan Vegetarian Society (JPVS)
- Osaka-based Japan chapter of the International Vegetarian Union.
Kansai Canadian Association
- The KCA develops friendly relations between Canada and Japan, sponsors social events, and networking opportunities.
Kyoto Mitate International
- Non-profit org established to nurture the architectural, cultural, and natural heritage of Kyoto.
Make a Wish of Japan
- NGO to help make dreams come true for children with life-threatening illnesses.
Nagoya Canada Club International
- Activities and information for Canadians in Nagoya, and provides details on Canada for Japanese.
The Chiiori Project
- A gathering point for the Chiiori Project; rural preservation project started by Alex Kerr.
Tokyo Counseling and Support Services: Group Therapy in Japan
- Counseling, psychotherapy resources, dance movement group therapy, encounter groups facilitated by qualified counselors. All are professionally trained and qualified in the country they studied in.
Tokyo English Life Line (TELL)
- Provides telephone counseling, face-to-face counseling, and other support services for the international community in Japan.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor