Science and Environment
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Africa - Forestry, Agroforestry and Environment
- Promotes the protection, health and sustainability of African forests and forest environments. Maintained by Entomology and Forest Resources Digital Information Work Group, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, University of Georgia (U.S.).
African Biodiversity: Foundation for the Future
- Outlines the need for biodiversity conservation strategies in Africa which include respect and incorporatation of African values, knowledge and priorities; involvement of local people in the management and use of biological resources; control or reversal of biodiversity loss regionwide; and treatment of biodiversity conservation and economic development as integral aspects of the sustainable development process.
African Rainforests and the Conservation of Biodiversity
- Preceedings of the Limbe Conference, 17-24 January 1997. Themes: Biological inventory and monitoring, Participatory approaches to forest management, Institutional frameworks for forest conservation, Valuing forest resources for conservation purposes.
Biodiversity Support Program: Africa and Madagascar
- Working to help stem the loss of biodiversity through a portfolio of projects. Links to projects and publications.
Central African Regional Program for the Environment
- CARPE is a new initiative by USAID to address the issue of deforestation in the Congo Basin forest zone, in the middle of the African continent. One of the least developed regions of the world, the Congo Basin, holds massive expanses of closed canopy tropical forest, second only to the Amazon Basin in area.
- An independent non-profit international non-governmental organisation set up by a network of NGOs, public institutions and individuals in Africa and in the North, who are involved in issues pertaining to sustainable development of Africa.
East African Crossborder Biodiversity Project
- Tanzanian component of the Regional GEF project, "Reducing Biodiversity loss at selected crossborder sites in East Africa."
Guinean Forests of West Africa
- Facts and links for the Guinean Forest biodiversity hotspot.
Gulf of Guinea Islands' Biodiversity Network
- Information about the biodiversity, and its conservation, of the four Gulf of Guinea islands of Bioko, Príncipe, São Tomé and Annobón.
IUCN - The World Conservation Union
- Contact details for the Africa offices.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor