Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
FEWS bulletin -- Southern Africa
- Famine Early Warning System.
Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Network for Southern Africa
- A forum that brings together key stakeholders in food, agriculture, and natural resource sectors to productively discuss issues and identify solutions to problems confronting the region.
Initiative for Development and Equity in African Agriculture
- A programme that seeks innovative ways of improving the provision of services to smallholder farmers by public, private and civic institutions.
Maloti-Drakensberg Transfrontier Project
- The Project addresses the conservation problems of the Maloti-Drakensberg Mountains; a 300 kilometre-long alpine and montane zone along the borders of Lesotho and South Africa.
Mozambique and Southern Africa Floods
- Africa Policy Information Center - Strategic Action Issue Area. Links to key sites and documents relevant to ongoing developments in the floods in Mozambique and neighboring Southern African countries.
- Is a free service incorporating information about organisations working on all aspects of environmental management within SADC. It also carries details of projects undertaken and training opportunities offered.
- An initiative of the three Okavango River Basin states, Angola, Botswana and Namibia. The Commission advises the governments on the sustainable development of the basin and of co-ordinating investigations and research activities.
- Campaign to protect the Okavango River Basin from the threat of dams.
- Southern African Centre for Cooperation in Agricultural and Natural Resources Research and Training (SACCAR).
South African Wilderness Leadership School
- Pioneers of environmental education and environmental training in Southern Africa
Southern Africa Environment Project
- SAEP is an environmental non-governmental organisation working with a variety of South African government departments, educational institutions, environmental NGOs, and community-based organisations.
Southern Africa Wildlife Trust
- Engages in hands-on projects that contribute directly to the sound management of indigenous wildlife species and the security and enhancement of existing and new habitats.
Southern African Botanical Diversity Network
- SABONET - capacity-building network of Southern African herbaria and botanic gardens with the objective of developing local botanical expertise
Southern African Institute of Ecologists and Environmental Scientists
- The SAIE&ES is a body that aims to uphold the standards of professional practice for ecology and environmental science (encompassing human and natural sciences) in southern Africa.
Southern African Network for Training on the Environment
- We will enhance natural resource management and environmental protection through coordinated training programmes in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region.
Southern African Regional Science Initiative
- SAFARI 2000 is an international regional science initiative being developed for Southern Africa to explore, study and address linkages between land-atmosphere processes and the relationship of biogenic, pyrogenic or anthropogenic emissions and the consequences of their deposition to the functioning of the biogeophysical and biogeochemical systems of southern Africa.
Study on the Development of Transboundary Natural Resource Management Areas in Southern Africa - Global Review
- Transboundary conservation areas provide a mechanism to promote sound ecological management of transborder ecosystems, and, at the same, promote opportunities for regional political, economic, and cultural cooperation. 1999 report.
US Endangered Species Act
- Summary of the Southern African position with respect to the US Endangered Species Act.
Using Natural Fertilizers in Miombo Woodlands
- This paper demonstrates how indigenous knowledge is being applied to manage soil fertility through three traditional farming systems in the miombo woodland: the Chitemene and Fundikila cultivation systems of Zambia and the Communal Area Farming System of Zimbabwe.
ZERO Regional Environment Organisation
- A non-governmental organisation contributing to environment and development solutions in the SADC region.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor