Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Angola Briefing Note
- The main public health threat is epidemics, particularly malaria, diarrhea disease and meningitis; and malnutrition is a long-term consequence of food shortfall.
Angola Health Conditions
- Logistical problems with supply and distribution of equipment as well as the lack of physical security impeded the provision of health care throughout the country.
Center for Health Studies and Data Processing (CEPIS)
- A concept developed in 1992 by a group of Health Workers comprising activities related to health research and management. Our concerns are essentially based on the utilization of Statistics, Epidemiology, Informatics, Research, Information Systems and Planning methodologies by health workers in Angola.
Health Care in Angolan
- Much of the health care is free and is carried out by Angolan paramedics who travel to villages teaching basic medical skills and preventive care.
- All visitors over one year of age arriving from infected areas must have a yellow fever vaccination certificate. Hepatitis B, malaria, cholera, trachoma, schistosomiasis, river blindness, and sleeping sickness are all hazards.
Huambo Primary Health Care Programme
- Health services in Angola have deteriorated since the 1980's mainly due to the war. As a result the people in Angola have very limited access to health services and those that do exist are poorly resourced and badly managed.
Immunization Profile - Angola
- Number of reported cases and reported percent of target population fully vaccinated, by antigen.
International Medical Corps
- In Angola, more than 80% of babies are delivered at home. While delivery is a celebrated event for the family and community, for women and newborns it is an experience filled with risk.
International Medical Corps Humanitarian Relief: Angola
- Information from this non-profit humanitarian relief organization working to save lives and relieve suffering through health interventions and medical training.
Meningococcal Meningitis in Angola
- Following the information posted on 6 August 1998, the Ministry of Health in Angola has now reported a total of 1113 cases of meningococcal meningitis from the four affected provinces of Bié, Malange, Huambo and Lunda Norte.
Oral Health Country/Area Profile Programme
- General population information.
Outbreak of Poliomyelitis -- Angola, 1999
- Many case patients resided in overcrowded municipalities where families displaced by civil war had settled. Ministry of Health suspected the outbreak was poliomyelitis and began planning a vaccination campaign to control the epidemic.
Polio Outbreak in Angola
- More than 600 cases have occurred since March, most of whom were among children younger than five years old. At least 39 people have died. The first cases were reported in the capital city of Luanda and neighboring areas in Bengo province.
Science & Health Bulletin: Angola--AIDS Training
- In Angola, more than 1,100 people will be trained in AIDS education and prevention and sent to 430 villages in the country's northern Uige province later this year.
Travel Health Online: Angola
- Information on vaccines, health alerts, and other information for the traveler.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor