Library and Information Science
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- "Discusses the importance of having a weeding policy, the rationale behind weeding, some reasons it is difficult to weed, practical information for use in planning or conducting weeding, and options for the materials you remove." Part of the Collection Development Training for Arizona Public Libraries.
Flipping The Coin
- Subtitled "Deselection in General and Health-Science Library Collections". Includes bibliography.
SUNLINK Weed of the Month Club
- The SUNLINK Weed of the Month Club is an effort to help provide Florida's School Library Media Specialists with guidelines and suggestions for weeding their collections a little at a time as well as for adding quality materials. The project idea and specific suggestions came from other media specialists via LM_NET, a listserv for library media specialists, and SUNLINK's Weed of the Month will parallel a similar effort taking place throughout the country. A section of school library media collections will be identified each month as a weeding target.
Weed It!: For an Attractive and Useful Collection
- A collection of frequently asked questions (faqs) about weeding: why is it done, what is done with weeded materials, etc. Includes a section "What happened in San Francisco?". Prepared by Karen Klopfer, WMRLS Regional Librarian, Berkshire Subregion.
Weeding the Library Media Center Collections
- Provided by the State of Iowa Department of Education. Why, when, and how to weed, with subjective and objective weeding criteria. "This document is offered in response to numerous questions library media specialists have about weeding library media collections. It is addressed especially to elementary and secondary school library media centers and to community college and vocational school library resource centers in Iowa."
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor