Library and Information Science
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ADLIB Information Systems
- Specializes in library management systems and software; archive and records management systems; document management and control systems; membership systems and image database applications.
ALICE Library Automation System.
- Known as ALICE in Europe and Australia, ANNIE in America, EMBLA in Iceland, and OASIS elsewhere. Particularly strong in school libraries but also in other areas. Vendor is Softlink (Australia).
Amicus Client Server Library System
- Developed according to the specifications of the Canadian National Library. It was designed to become a modern replacement product for their DOBIS system. It is now used internationally.
Andrew Osborne's Library Automation Pages
- Useful site for Systems Librarians offering information on a variety of library systems and vendors.
Automated School Library Software
- Full cataloging and circulation system that includes manual entry or barcodes. Free demonstration version available for download.
Automation Systems Research
- Provides information about first-time library automation, an automation FAQ and glossary, and listings of online automation resources. Provided by the non-profit organization Gates Foundation.
Best-Seller eLibrary Networks
- Supplier of library software and services. Offers other services including network design, implementation, and growth planning.
Biblio Tech Review
- Electronic journal covering library automation, software, library computerisation, text retrieval, electronic publishing and digital libraries reviews.
- School library catalog system with free MARC record retriever.
Brodart Automation - Library Management Software
- Servicing the library community with library management software solutions, data conversion, and URL cataloging.
- Site of the North American distributor of CDS/ISIS, Unesco's library management software.
Cadomel Library Management Systems
- Library automation systems for school and other small libraries, including barcode labels and scanners.
Church Related Online Software Systems (CROSS Systems)
- Library 1.7 online cataloging automation software for books, videos, tapes, CDs; and Inventory 1.3 asset management and tracking for clergy, churches, schools, businesses, and personal applications. Windows 3.x/9x/NT.
- Offers client/server library automation for libraries. Includes demonstration version of software.
Innovative Internet Applications in Libraries
- Highlights examples of effective use of the Internet in the following categories: virtual reference desks, innovative Internet librarians, library e-journals, image maps in public library sites, e-mail subscription newsletters in public libraries, book and reading lists, special collections (exhibits), and online catalogs.
Integrated Library System Reports
- An electronic newsletter designed to assist information professionals with integrated library system issues. ILSRs mission is to locate up-to-date IOLS information, provide an IOLS reference database, and track new IOLS industry developments and trends.
Jaywil Software Development, Inc.
- Developer of ResourceMate, a software solution for church and school libraries.
KLAS, Keystone Library Automation System
- Provides full service software, hardware, and support solutions for library automation. KLAS is a fully integrated solution applicable to many types of libraries, particularly those serving geographically diverse patron communities.
- Libsuite is a Application Service Provider for Library Automation software LibSuite.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor