Library and Information Science
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Nolo.com: Legal Encyclopedia
- "Law for All" is Nolo's slogan. A good site for the beginner, it provides simplified explanations of Internet Law, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Patents and Secrets. It also offers more in-depth resources, particularly 'how to' legal books.
- Internet vertical portal for intellectual property directories, information, advice and community networking.
Patent and Trademark Resources and Services, City of Sunnyvale
- Recommended by Nolo.com as a comprehensive, low-cost solution to patent and trademark searches. All US patents, and 'comprehensive availability of worldwide patent documents'. Includes how to search, links to USPTO, etc. Searchable online, or engage a librarian.
SUL: Copyright & Fair Use
- Copyright and fair use information important for musicians.
The UT System Crash Course in Copyright
- Comprehensive coverage of copyright compliance decision-making, including estimating fair use, determining who possesses copyright of a work, copyright and digitization, library exemptions, the UT-System Rules of Thumb for electronic reserves, and online materials from UT System copyright presentations.
U.S. Copyright Office, Rulemaking on Exemptions from Prohibition on Circumvention ...
- Library exemptions from the DMCA copyright "anticircumvention" provisions, the ruling by the Librarian of Congress and the Register of Copyrights (October 28 2000).
Ventius: Intellectual Property Community
- "Functions as a free, industry-wide portal and online community dedicated to increasing knowledge and collaboration among professionals involved in the creation, management and value extraction of Intellectual Property (IP)." Provides daily news, online training, management discussions, access to reference data and transaction sites, free patent and trademark search.
When Works Pass into the Public Domain
- A chart prepared by University of North Carolina law library director Laura Gasaway to help in making the determination whether a work remains copyright-protected in the US.
World Intellectual Property Organization
- WIPO is responsible for the promotion of the protection of intellectual property throughout the world through cooperation among States, and for the administration of various multilateral treaties dealing with the legal and administrative aspects of intellectual property.
Yahoo! News, Intellectual Property
- Yahoo!'s links to current articles on Intellectual Property, updated very frequently. This is a business category, and the links to related web-pages reflect that angle. Not a wide selection, but a good place to find breaking news.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor