Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- At the simplest level, they are a small group of people who have worked together over a period of time.
Communities of Practice Publications
- Downloadable academic publications of Paul Hildreth, University of York.
Communities of Practice and Pattern Language
- James B. Smethurst. For any member of a Community of Practice, there comes a time to interface with individuals and organizations which do not form part of the Community. The difficulty of this situation is the issue of language. Every Community of Practice has its own pattern language, its own way of expressing and discussing the unique qualities of its chosen art.
Communities of Practice: Performance and Evolution
- By Bernardo A. Huberman and Tad Hogg. A detailed model of collaboration in communities of practice and we examine its dynamical consequences for the group as a whole. Full text of study downloadable as postscript file.
Communities of Practice: a social aspect to virtual worlds?
- The term CoP is used to describe many groups. Here the CoP is discussed as a means of providing the missing social dimension to the virtual world.
Community in the Workplace
- Describes an anthology of essays about community building in the workplace, written by a virtual community of community-builders.
- Global Gateways is currently facilitating Communities of Practice (CoPs) for Chief Information Officers (CIOs). We are also forming Communities for other management groups.
Information on Knowledge Management and Communities of Practice
- Provides links to sources of information on knowledge management and communities of practice
International Knowledge Management News - Communities of Practice
- Communities of Practice (CoP) is an active area of KM research and our understanding of CoPs and their behavioral dynamics is growing daily. This white paper provides an overview of the subject and links to pertinent resources and contains some of the thoughts of the leaders in the area of CoPs.
- Communities of Practice knowledge exchange. Driving sales, service and innovation through Communities of Practice.
Knowledge Management Research at the University of York
- Chris Kimble's research in CSCW and Knowledge Management, in particular, the representation and dissemination of knowledge in virtual team and in virtual environments. He is interested in the problems associated with cross-cultural or trans-national team and knowledge work in an international context.
- Community of Practice implementation & facilitation.
Organizational Learning and Communities-of-Practice
- Toward a unified view of working, learning, and innovation. By John Seely Brown & Paul Duguid.
The Invisible Key to Success
- Shadowy groups called communities of practice are where learning and growth happen.
The Meta Network
- We help groups and organizations build virtual teams and learning communities through our organization development consulting, web-based conferencing, and facilitation services.
Tips for Learning Expeditions and Communities of Practice
- Initial conference structure; creating the framework. facilitating discussion; developing the group; managing content.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor