Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
An Introduction to Concept Mapping for Planning and Evaluation
- By William M.K. Trochim. Concept mapping is a type of structured conceptualization which can be used by groups to develop a conceptual framework which can guide evaluation or planning.
- Concept mapping is a general method that can be used to help any individual or group to describe their ideas about some topic in a pictorial form. There are several different types of methods that all currently go by names like "concept mapping", "mental mapping" or "concept webbing."
Concept Mapping Homepage
- Concept mapping is a technique for representing knowledge in graphs. Knowledge graphs are networks of concepts. Networks consist of nodes (points/vertices) and links (arcs/edges). Nodes represent concepts and links represent the relations between concepts.
Concept Mapping eGroup
- A discussion list for those interested in Concept Mapping.
Concept Mapping: Soft Science or Hard Art?
- BY William M.K. Trochim. Is concept mapping "science" or "art"? Can we legitimately claim that concept maps represent reality, or are they primarily suggestive devices which might stimulate new ways to look at our experiences? Here, the scientific side of concept mapping is viewed as "soft science" and the artistic one as "hard art" to imply that the process has some qualities of both.
Designing a Concept Mapping System User Interface
- Roberto A. Flores-Méndez. Concept mapping users can be found on a wide range of areas and with different levels of expertise. Their main motivation is to create diagrams to represent and communicate information relevant to their domain.
How do Preservice Teachers use Concept Maps to Organize Their Curriculum Content Knowledge?
- Brian Ferry, John Hedberg and Barry Harper. This paper reports on preservice teachers use of a concept mapping tool to create and modify concept maps about science related curriculum content knowledge.
Learning Skills Program - Concept Mapping
- "Concept-Mapping" is a tool for assisting and enhancing many of the types of thinking and learning that we are required to do at university. This describes the process of manual concept mapping.
SMART Technologies Inc.
- SMART Ideas is concept mapping software for Windows that allows you to visually represent your ideas and their relationships using a variety of colors, shapes, symbols and links.
The Use of Pattern Matching and Concept Mapping in Community Organizing Projects
- Community Organizing Projects need the ability to graphically show the priority associated with areas community need or concerns that community members want to address and then either show the perceived matches or perceived disconnects in the levels of resources that community members believe to be devoted to each area.
- TouchGraph allows for the creation and navigation of ineractive graphs. Ideal for orginising links, or mind mapping.
WebMap: Concept Mapping on the Web
- Brian R. Gaines and Mildred L. G. Shaw. This article reports experience in taking an existing open architecture concept mapping tool and making it available on the web in a number of ways.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor