Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Component Based Knowledge Management System
- Tom Finneran - Spectrum Technology Group, Inc. Like any sophisticated system, a Knowledge Management system needs to be well engineered. In this paper, we will discuss using a Component Architecture design approach.
BPubs.com - Knowledge Management Publications
- A collection of business publications and articles related to Knowledge Management (KM).
Creating the Knowledge-based Business
- Key lessons from an international study of best practice. The business case for knowledge management. Essential practical tools and techniques. Frameworks and processes for creating and sharing knowledge. How to create a knowledge culture. New measurement systems, challenges and concepts. The role of information technology.
Data Warehouse: Data Warehousing in the KM Cycle
- When you speak of "knowledge management, you're talking about two kinds of "knowledge": tacit and explicit. Good data warehousing can play a significant role in changing one into the other to achieve a more productive and usable form.
Does KM = IT? - Intellectual Capitlaism - CIO Enterprise Magazine
- Equating Knowledge Management to Information Technology is a dangerous idea could retard your organization's KM efforts. The article unravles three myths that are often associated with the 'leveraging' effect of information technology on knowledge management.
Heralding ICT-enabled Knowledge Societies
- A highly readable academic article from the developing world which provides a useful two-way global perspective on knowledge and the information rich-poor.
Introduction to Knowledge Management
- Knowledge Management is one of the hottest topics in business consulting, and the efforts of many business to meet the challenges of competition in the modern knowledge economy. It also provides a powerful way of looking at the way the society organises itself and uses its intellectual resources and promises a means of humanising our approach to modern technology, putting the understanding of human intellect and motivation at the centre.
Know What You Know
- Tom Davenport & Larry Prusak. Learn how valuable corporate knowledge is acquired, created, bought, sold and bartered. CIO Magazine.
Knowledge Management for the New World of Business
- Making a transition from the paradigm of information processing view of knowledge management, this article defines and explains a strategic paradigm of knowledge management that seems increasingly relevant for modern organizations and their managers. Published in the Journal for Quality & Participation special issue on Learning and Information Management; Asian Strategy Leadership Institute Review and Executive Intelligence.
Knowledge Management, Round Two
- Thomas H. Davenport. The good news is that the knowledge management movement is more than the fad some had predicted. The question now is, Where is it headed? CIO Magazine.
Knowledge Management: Can it Exist in a Law Office?
- Nina Platt is a Librarian at the Minnesota Office of the Attorney General. She also worked as Manager of Technical Services at the Dorsey & Whitney Law Firm in Minneapolis. To date, she has spent 14 years in law libraries.
Knowledge Management: Making Sense of an Oxymoron
- David Skyrme Associates. Can knowledge be managed? The words management and knowledge at first sight appear uneasy bedfellows. Knowledge is largely cognitive and highly personal, while management involves organisational processes.
Knowledge Management:Great Concept... But What Is It?
- InformationWeek Labs and Doculabs examine five products that try to help companies turn an abstraction into a reality.
Process To Product: Creating Tools for Knowledge Management
- The objective of this paper is to provide an outline of the general and specific technology issues relating to development of electronic knowledge management tools. Focused on the design of software systems, it provides a coherent overview of technical aspects and considerations.
Some Principles of Knowledge Management
- By Thomas H. Davenport, PhD. Many companies are beginning to feel that the knowledge of their employees is their most valuable asset. They may be right, but few firms have actually begun to actively manage their knowledge assets on a broad scale.
The 7R's of Information Management
- By David Butcher and Jennifer Rowley. Attempts to define information management as a discipline have focused on definitions, such as 'Information management includes organisation-wide information policy planning, the development and maintenance of integrated systems and services, the optimisation of information flows and the harnessing of leading edge technologies to the functional requirements of end-users.
The Knowledge Factor
- Perry Glasser, CIO Magazine. Companies in the Information Age need to systematically manage what they know.
What is Knowledge Management (KM)?
- KM is a newly emerging, interdisciplinary business model dealing with all aspects of knowledge within the context of the firm, including knowledge creation, codification, sharing, and how these activities promote learning and innovation.
What is Knowledge Management?
- A definition and explanation of Knowledge Management by examining what people in the field are doing.
What is Knowledge and Can It be Managed?
- By Craig S. Mullins - Platinum technology, inc. Knowledge management is over-hyped and misunderstood. It is not a technology, but an amalgamation of strategy, technology, and people.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor