Submit a site
Software and Tools
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Design for a Group Memory System Using Ontologies
- José Vasconselos and others. Anm academic paper proposing a system for representing, recording, using, retrieving and managing knowledge.
Capturing Organizational Memory
- by E. Jeffrey Conklin, PhD. Contemporary organizations have only a weak ability to remember and learn from the past, and are thus seeking to gain the capacity for "organizational memory." Networked computers might provide the basis for a "nervous system" that could be used to implement the capacity for organizational memory, but the technology (software and hardware) must provide for easy capture, recall, and learning.
Corporate Memories for Knowledge Management in Industrial Practice: Prospects and Challenges
- Otto Kühn & Andreas Abecker. A core concept in discussions about technological support for knowledge management is the Corporate Memory. A Corporate or Organizational Memory can be characterized as a comprehensive computer system which captures a company's accumulated know-how and other knowledge assets and makes them available to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of knowledge-intensive work processes.
Designing Organizational Memory
- Preserving Intellectual Assets in a Knowledge Economy, by E. Jeffrey Conklin, PhD. Organizations have a valuable asset in the informal knowledge that is the daily currency of their knowledge workers, but this asset usually lives only in the collective human memory, and thus is poorly preserved and managed. There are significant technical and cultural barriers to capturing informal knowledge and making it explicit.
Knowledge and Power
- Knowledge as an organizational asset - its sources, flow paths, cumulation points, and usage.
Organisational Memory Systems using Ontologies
- The immediate aim is to develop a prototype of a Group Memory System (GMS) to support project team members activities and the knowledge dissemination between them.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor