K through 12
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Practical Look at Comprehensive School Reform for Rural Schools
- Examines research about whole-school reform and what rural educators can expect.
Clearinghouse on Rural Education and Small Schools
- Information from the ERIC database that relates to rural schools and small schools. In addition are materials on Mexican American, migrant, and American Indian educational issues.
ERIC Clearinghouse on Rural Education and Small Schools
- Includes the Rural Directory, a listing of rural education resources, information from forums and chats dealing with rural issues, and access to ERIC digests on rural education issues.
Gender Differences in Rural Iowa Students' Perceptions of the Effects of Rural Schools
- Article to extend current understanding of the effects of rural schools on subsequent educational and occupational endeavors.
Integrated Services: A Summary for Rural Educators
- This Digest clarifies what integrated social service delivery entails and discusses major models of service integration, as well as the important role of case management. The Digest concludes by considering the circumstances and challenges that affect plans for this type of service delivery system in rural America, including the needs of rural families.
Middle Level Education in Rural America
- This ERIC digest describes the development of the standard middle school and its impact on rural areas, discusses the original goals of middle schooling, and suggests how rural schools can meet these goals despite their small size.
National Data for Studying Rural Education
- This digest describes datasets of the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) that are related to rural education, discusses potential uses of NCES data, and offers practical tips for accessing these data.
National Rural Education Association
- Organization of rural school administrators, teachers, board members, regional service agency personnel, researchers, business and industry representatives and others interested in maintaining the vitality of rural school systems across the country.
Navigating Resources for Rural Schools
- Access to recent data collected by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), as well as access to resources available through selected contractors and grantees of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Organizations Concerned about Rural Education is a coalition of more than two dozen education, farm, rural, technology and utility organizations. What brings us together is our common concern for the economic future of rural America, particularly, the education of rural children.
OESE: Smaller Learning Communities
- The Smaller Learning Communities program provides funding for Local Education Agencies to plan, develop, and implement smaller learning communities in high schools.
Overall Effectiveness of Rural Schools
- Recognizing the special conditions and accomplishments of diverse rural settings.
Parent and Community Involvement in Rural Schools
- Parent involvement programs for rural communities work best when they respond to particular features of the communities they serve.
Pulling Together: Research and Development Resources for Small Schools
- A collection of research and development resources for educators who work in rural settings. The resources include Web sites, publications, training programs, model programs, and services.
Rural Clearinghouse for Lifelong Education and Development
- An effort to improve rural access to continuing education lists publications, special projects, and resource links dealing rith rural educational issues.
- A simple definition and links to some Department of Education sites dealing with rural education programs.
Rural Education Directory
- Search by keyword, organization name, and/or state for links to sites dealing with rural education in the US.
Rural Education and Training
- Programs and Links Related to Rural Education and Training
- A list of links compiled by the Welfare Information Network covers a wide range of rural issues and organizations.
Rural Issues Directory
- Over one hundred resources on rural education, Internet connectivity, rural development, Extension, and health.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor