Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Distance Education Consortium - On-Line Resources
- Topics include: intellectual property, copyright, and fair use information, reports and papers, and collaboratories.
CSCW and Teleworking
- Material on Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), Knowledge Management, Teleworking and Distributed learning.
Centre for Advanced Learning Technologies (CALT)
- Europe's leading R&D initiative in the domain of advanced learning technologies for management education and knowledge management.
Communities and the Information Society:
- This overview of the state and potential of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in education has been prepared by I. Byron and R. Gagliardi of the International Bureau of Education (IBE) for the International Development Research Centre of Canada (IDRC).
Distance Education and the WWW
- Gives an overview of the state of art in the distance learning domain and its recent evolution.
Distance Learning for Change in Africa
- This research focuses on information with respect to : institutions programmes and courses, target groups, learning models, available information technology, student support, resources and cost, human resources and expertise available, future needs and plans in distance learning. It also looks at concessions and procurement of information technology applicable in African developing countries to distance learning.
Distance Learning in Higher Education
- Summaries of and links to reports covering topics related to distance learning, mainly as it applies to high schools and colleges.
Issues in Distance Learning
- Theories and philosophies of distance education are dealt with in this article by L. Sherry, (1996).
Knowledge Integration Environment
- The KIE Project pioneers the educational use of the World Wide Web for middle and high school science instruction.
Needs Assessment for Distance Learning
- Sherry, L., & Morse, R. (1995). An assessment of training needs in the use of distance education for instruction. International Journal of Educational Telecommunications,1(1), 5-22
SchoolNet, Africa, and the IDRC
- This paper represents a response to the need of the IDRC for an understanding of Canada's SchoolNet in the context of Acacia, the initiative promoting the application of Information and Communication Technologies for development in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Training and development of distance education professionals by providing a practical laboratory where teachers, corporate trainers, government instructors, and others can learn and explore the skills and methods specific to the growing field of distance education.
The American Center for the Study of Distance Education (ACSDE)
- A network of scholars who have a common interest in studying, teaching, and doing research in the field of distance education.
The Global Higher Education Exchange
- Designed to connect education policymakers and leaders around the world with the resources they need, especially resources such as research, policy analysis, best practices and innovations, and articles on key policy areas.
The Internet As An Educational Tool
- Making the web work for South Africa - article by Edward P Rybicki, University of Cape Town.
What's The Difference?
- A review of contemporary research on the effectiveness of distance learning in higher education. This is a pdf file of size about 150K.
- Web based research university, news, web hosting, awards, shopping, calendars and content by earthsphere.com
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor