Historical and Cultural
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Architectural Archives of the University of Pennsylvania
- Contains the works of more than 250 designers from the 18th century to the present, most notably all the office drawings, models and papers of Louis I. Kahn.
Architecture of Wales
- An attractive selection of the architectural drawings in The National Library of Wales.
Arizona State University Archival Drawings
- The collection in the Architecture and Environmental Design Library includes papers of Buckminster Fuller and Albert Chase McArthur, and the design archive of the planned town of Litchfield Park.
Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
- Architecture and fine arts collection.
British Architectural Library
- Descriptions and online catalogue of the RIBA Library collections including over 500,000 architectural drawings by mainly British architects, over 700,000 manuscripts and archives and more than 650,000 photographs of architecture worldwide. Contact details, opening hours, information services, guidance for researchers, publications on the collection and extensive list of architectural links.
Canadian Center for Architecture
- A museum and study centre devoted to international architecture.
Carnegie Mellon Architecture Archives
- Aims to document the architects and architecture of Pittsburgh and the tri-state region of western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio and northern West Virginia.
Environmental Design Archives
- The Environmental Design Archives is a repository of historical architecture and landscape architecture records. The web site describes the archives collections, programs and services.
- Photographs by Samuel Gottscho and William Schleisner in the Library of Congress of the architecture and interior design of 20th-century America. Can be browsed or searched.
Historic American Buildings Survey
- Photographs, text and drawings in the Prints and Photographs Division of the Library of Congress, describing nearly 35,000 historically significant sites and structures, can be purchased on microfiche from Chadwyck-Healey.
Irish Architectural Archive
- The archive was established in 1976 to collect, preserve and make available to the public records of every kind relating to the architecture of Ireland.
Kansas State Historical Society
- Library and Archives Division holds 9,000 architectural drawings and related records, many of structures built by the Missouri Valley Bridge and Iron Works Company of Leavenworth.
Lambeth Palace Library
- Includes the archive of the Incorporated Church Building Society (1818-1984), the single largest source of plans and drawings of new and rebuilt churches in the UK. Library holdings, services, news.
Minnesota Historical Society Library
- The Library's sources for the history of houses and other buildings include photographs, tax records, standard house plans of the 1920s, Ramsey County Historic Building Survey, business and personal papers.
Norman Morrison Isham Collection
- Collection of notebooks, manuscripts, photographs,letters, deeds, inventories and measured drawings pertaining to Isham's study of early New England architecture, held by the Rhode Island Historical Society.
Research Materials for Architecture in Metropolitan Washington
- This directory by the University of Maryland Libraries describes collections of architectural drawings, photographs and papers in various archives, libraries and other repositories.
Russian Utopia: a Depository
- Virtual museum of paper architecture - a collection of some 480 architectural projects from the last 300 years of the Russian history that have never been carried out.
The International Archive of Women in Architecture
- Established in 1985 to document the history of women's professional involvement in the field of architecture before the 1950s. Biographical dictionary.
The National Monuments Record
- The records made and gathered by the Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Access and search aids for the public; online photo gallery.
The Parkinson Architectural Archives
- Privately-held collection featuring the work of English-born US architect John Parkinson and the successor firms in Los Angeles and Austin (1889-current.) Online queries.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor