Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Iron-Age Celtic re-enactment society. Based around Portsmouth and give public displays of combat and living history in the South of England and Wales. Activities, bibliography.
- This living history group has recreated an Iron Age farmstead in the Riverside Country Park, Gillingham, Kent, complete with crafts and plants. Photographs, information for school groups, Beltaine fire festival.
- A Tübingen, Germany-based group re-enacting a Celtic tribe of the Hallstat era (first to third centuries (B.C.E.)). Photos of re-enactments, schedule of events.
- A Hungarian group which re-enacts Roman gladiatorial combat. History of gladiatorial games, description of the group and photos of the group re-enacting.
Ermine Street Guard
- Research into the Roman Army and the reconstruction of Roman armour and equipment, primarily from the latter half of the first century A.D. Activities, newsletter, photographs. D. Mark Sansom, 'The Ninth Legion Hispana: The evidence for its presence and campaigns in Britain.'
- Reenactment society portrays Romans, Egyptians, Dorians, Thracians, Spartans, Persians and others for feasting, dance, the arts, and the martial combat of ancient times. Member information, events schedule.
- Hampshire, England-based group re-enacting Roman gladiatorial combat. Contact information, equipment descriptions, essays and photographs.
Matthew Amt's Greek Hoplite
- A re-enactor recreating the arms and armor of the hoplite (Greek infantryman) of the era of the Persian Wars (fifth century B.C.E.). Descriptions of arms and armor, bibliography, links and photographs.
- A Dutch group which re-enacts Roman gladiatorial combats and Roman and Celtic music, combat and religious ceremonies. Performance dates and photos.
- A Washington, D.C.-based Society for Creative Anachronism offshoot re-enacting the Roman Empire. List of events, membership criteria, photographs of re-enactments.
- A portal site for the Roman re-enactor. Roman-era-related links, discussion forums, lists of Roman re-enactor groups.
- Tucson, Arizona-based organization of clubs for reenacting the classical Roman period; members information, historical references, message board, available roles.
- Reenactment of second century European military life and combat; detailed history. Educational and general shows; based in New Zealand; contact information.
- Part of the "Free Company" umbrella group, the Silures are based in Southern England and re-enact an Iron-Age Celtic tribe of the first century (C.E.). Contact information and description of performances.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor