Kids and Teens
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Commonly Misspelled Words Quiz
- Correct the spellings of ten randomly generated commonly misspelled words.
- Master spelling tricks, general rules and using computer spell checkers.
Frequently Misspelled Words
- Lists correctly-spelled versions of frequently misspelled words.
How Well Can You Spell?
- Interactive spelling test uses 16 frequently misspelled words. From Microsoft Encarta.
LD Online: Spelling Strategies
- Suggestions on how to practice spelling words.
Literacy Resources - Spelling Tips
- Strategies for teaching spelling and a list of spelling rules.
Musical Spelling Rules
- Lyrics and music to songs which teach four common spelling rules.
Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee
- Home of the world's best-known annual spelling bee. Includes weekly literature-based word activities, a listing of local spelling bees, the history of the national event, rules, and answers to frequently asked questions.
See 'N Spell at PrimaryGames.com
- A series of interactive games test knowledge of short vowels, long vowels, blends, diagraphs, other vowels, and plurals.
Spell Check from Funbrain.com
- Identify the word that is spelled incorrectly. Choose between two levels of difficulty.
SpellaRoo from Funbrain.com
- Find the spelling errors in these fun sentences. Choose between beginning and intermediate levels.
- Online interactive spelling test using randomly generated words.
Spelling Study Skills
- A detailed guide to the rules of British English spelling. From the University of Bradford.
Spelling Stuff for Kids
- Resources related to commonly misspelled words, tips for becoming a better speller, games, activities, and lessons.
- A journalism professor and former copy editor offers an interactive test of 50 commonly misspelled words, as well as spelling tips.
- Activities to use while practicing spelling words.
Spelling Tips from Mrs. Kelly
- A second grade teacher provides twelve ways to practice spelling words.
Stuart Little: Word Drop
- Unscramble each word before the letters hit the bottom.
Study Buddy's Spelling Troublebuster Survival Tips
- A guide to learning to spell troublesome words correctly.
The Language Picayune
- A word-of-the-day service sent by e-mail. Features spelling and vocabulary quizzes and links to other word-of-the-day sites.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor