Kids and Teens
People and Society
Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Collection of Buddhist Parables
- Buddhism has always been fond of parables and many of these were used by the Buddha himself. He taught by parables, 'for men of good understanding will readily enough catch the meaning of what is taught under the shape of a parable.'
An Introduction to Buddhism
- To do no evil; To cultivate good; To purify one's mind: This is the teaching of the Buddhas. --The Dhammapada
Appukids: Buddhist Sites for Children
- Links to sites on Buddhism for children.
Basics of Buddhism
- A simple introduction to the religion and the basic tenets of Buddhists. From PBS.
- Information on Buddhist meditation, symbols, and lifestyle.
BuddhaNet's Kids' Page
- Includes coloring book, traditional story, and interactive games.
Common American Misconceptions About Buddhism
- Reincarnation, prayer, paganism, etc.
Following the Buddha's Footsteps
- Provides an introduction to basic teachings.
From Turmoil to Peace -- Complete Online Book
- Written for teaching Buddhism to children, the book is also excellent introduction to Buddhism.
Future Force Houston - SGI USA
- Activities, stories, and study curriculum.
- The Buddha's previous life stories for children.
Online Buddhist Center
- Provides activities for families, children, and individuals. Includes Buddhist games, activities, studies, and lessons.
Questions and Answers on Buddhism
- From the Buddha Sassana website.
- Account of the life of Siddhartha Gautama, on an site that is an introduction to Buddhism.
Trusting In Mind: A New Translation of the "Hsin Hsin Ming"
- by Zen Master Hae Kwang
- Visually rich, funny, insightful basic introduction to Zen. Produced by Kodai-ji Temple, Kyoto, Japan. WARNING: This site is very sophisticated, and assumes you'll be able to figure out how to navigate through it. It doesn't give navigation instructions, and the click-through path is non-obvious. Requires Shockwave and a 4.0+ browser.
Zen Stories to Tell Your Neighbors
- John Shuler's collection of Zen stories, with interpretations and comments from audiences.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor