Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Learn With Math Games
- A growing collection of both online and printable math games, to help motivate and teach math concepts from Kindergarten through High School.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Children Drawing: Play and Creativity
- The art of children through the eyes of a mother, including links to books, and organizations such as Piaget's.
Does your child dislike school?
- Practical tips for parents of children who dislike school from a family therapist and a teacher.
Educational Solutions for Parents
- The source for parents who want their child to succeed in school. Parents will learn self help strategies that will increase responsibility and accountability in children Grades 4-12.
Growing Healthy Kids
- Products, information and helpful links for new and experienced parents, as well as videos for new parents.
Help Excel Testing
- Suspect your child has a learning disability? Get a complete educational check-up with a composite of tests developed by educators, doctors, psychologists. Get report emailed with suggestions for improvement.
Helping Your Child Learn Science
- Online book provides examples of a few simple activities that can be done with children. Includes basic information about science, practical tips on how to encourage schools to develop good science programs, a brief description of nine scientific concepts and a list of recommended science books and magazines.
Hoagie's Gifted Page
- A useful resource for parents of children classified as "gifted". Includes a number of links to other, related pages.
How to choose a musical instrument for your child
- A step by step tutorial on choosing the best instrument for your child, this site either leads the parent through the decision making process quickly or provides resources to make a thoroughly considered decision. The site includes interactive questionnaires.
Jump Start Your Child's Education
- Advice and activities on how to jump start your child's education.
- Website for parents in the UK who have an interest in their children's education. Acting as a trustworthy and reliable guide, the site provides information on topics and issues which are relevant to them and their children.
Michigan Learning Magazine
- Parents resource guide to maximizing your kids' education. View current education headlines, join the parent forum, and win prizes in the Family-Friendly School contest.
- All you ever wanted to know about teaching the alphabet, phonics, reading, writing, spelling, and math for children 3-7. Free newsletter.
Parents as Educators
- Discussion board, run by two Australian special education teachers, established to promote debate and discussion about issues related to children's education.
Reading to Children is Essential
- Fact sheet from the Ohio State University Extension on the importance of books in early childhood.
Robyn's Nest - An Online Parenting Site
- 101 words to encourage a child. Print it and use them daily.
School Essentials for Parents at DiscoverySchool.com
- Offers practical advice to parents who are about to make the choice of type of education for their children.
Succeed to Read
- Provides tips and techniques parents and teachers can use to teach children how to read.
Take Your Parents to Cyberschool
- Shows parents how their children use the Internet for school and encourages parents and their children to explore online resources together.
The Alternative Education Resource Organization
- A listing of alternative schools, including charter, independent, Montessori, and other "unusual" schooling options.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor