Advocacy and Protection
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Better Business Bureau, U.S. and Canada
- Helping consumers and businesses maintain an ethical marketplace.
Bracknell Forest Trading Standards
- Information and advice about the Trading Standards Service provided by Bracknell Forest Borough Council for consumers and businesses.
Complain to Us
- Complain TO US and make it count.
Concerned Toyota Consumers
- A site for citizens concerned about the 495 Toyota in Milford, Massachusetts, USA; regarding Toyota products.
- Rates companies' social responsiblility by evaluating their environmental policies, fair labor practices, and women's and minority advancement. Socially responsible buying helps to ensure economic justice.
- Consumer law, recalls, frauds, consumer awareness. Office of Consumer Affairs, Industry Canada.
Consumer's Choice Council
- Site helps consumers find products that are more environmentally friendly. Information on ecolabel product certification and genetically modified organisms.
- A world-wide federation of consumer organizations working to protect and promote people's rights as consumers in all parts of the world. The site contains news, briefings, research reports, policy statements, and links to other consumer organization and related sites.
- Materials developed by Consumers Union's advocacy offices on a variety of consumer issues, including health care, financial services, food safety, and product safety.
Consumers' Protection Center (KEPKA)
- KEPKA is a Greek NGO aiming to protect the rights of both the consumer and the environment as well as to improve the quality of life. It is a member of Consumers International and BEUC.
Cooperative Houseing Federation of Canada
- A comprehensive site about an organization devoted to providing co-operative housing information specifically to Canadians.
Cooperative Information Super Highway
- - Information about co-operatives (cooperatives), business co-operative worldwide and from all sectors of the economy, and the International Co-operative Alliance, their apex organisation
- Consumers fighting back against bad customer service, companies not replacing bad merchandise. General public opinion on good and/or bad companies and their treatment of consumers needs.
- A non-profit organization for consumers and law enforcement authorities. Latest fraud reports, scam alerts and tips for protection.
Homeowners Against Deficient Dwellings HADD
- A consumer protection group for homeowners and homebuyers.
Internet Consumers Organization
- Nonprofit advocacy and education organization that helps consumers understand changing Internet marketplace and advocates for Internet consumers - businesses and individuals - before Congress and federal agencies.
Jewellers Vigilance Canada Inc.
- A non-profit association dedicated to the betterment of the jewelry industry in Canada by advancing ethical practices within the industry and promoting consumer protection by assisting government and law enforcement agencies with issues ranging from misleading advertising and misrepresentation to smuggling and trademark infringement.
Justice for Home and Condo Owners
- An adovcacy organization for homeowners living in associations. This site links to other advocacy sites across the country offering support to homeowners.
National Alliance Against Construction Defects
- A group of homeowners across the nation that has formed together to fight against construction defects, poor quality construction, building materials, and arbitration.
National Assn. of Railroad Passsengers
- This national organization, does not represent the interest of those who are advocating the revival of old steam trains; but preferably modern, economically viable, and environmentally safe surface transportation.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor