Pregnancy and Birth
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Primer on Preemies
- Learn about the special needs and health concerns of premature infants, as well as the innovative care they receive that allows them to thrive long after they leave the hospital.
AAPI: American Association for Premature Infants
- Organization dedicated to improving health care and services for premature infants and their families.
Avoiding Preterm Labor
- Addresses preterm labor and measures that future parents can take to maximize their chances of delivering full-term babies.
Follow-up of Premature Babies at Risk
- Article describing the need for follow-up of pre-term infants that may be at risk for developmental delays, or other disabilities.
Helping Parents Cope With a High Risk Birth
- A father's perspective on premature birth.
Information for Parents of Preterm Babies
- A well-organized introduction to the premature baby and NICU care for the parent.
- An article by Page Wise about the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Some helpful hints on dealing with it if baby ends up there.
Page Wise Inc
- An article about having an infant in a neonatal intensive care unit. What it is like and some tips to get through it.
- For parents of premature infants and for parents to be with a high risk pregnancy. With important information, my story, and a discussion forum.
Preemie Parent Page
- Inspirational articles about preemie babies and their care.
- A reading room for parents of premature infants and children by the coauthor of Your Premature Baby and Child.
- Collection of non-commercial premature infant web sites. Most of the sites in the ring are personal web pages about the development of a premature baby.
Preemie-l Photo Gallery
- Photos of children whose parents participate in the preemie-l mailing list. Also includes an "Angels" page for pictures of children who died due to prematurity.
- Information on common problems that preemies may have in the NICU, as well as causes of premature labor.
- A diary, links, reference material, thoughts and images by a parent of a premature baby for other parents.
- Information and emotional support for preemie parents and health care professionals.
Signs of Preterm Labor
- An article about the warning signs by Page Wise Inc.
- Information about preemie care and complications.
- Support group for parents of babies who have spent time in a neonatal unit.
Strenuous Working Conditions During Pregnancy are Related to Preterm Birth
- Information on the pregnancy outcomes for over 160,000 women documents the association between physically demanding work during pregnancy and preterm birth, maternal hypertension, preeclampsia and small-for-gestational age babies.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor