Public Health and Safety
Submit a site
Environmental Health Education
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Academic Departments of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- The Johns Hopkins School of Public Health pioneers new research, deploys its knowledge and expertise in the field, and educates tomorrow's scientists and practitioners in the global defense of human life.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Association of Schools of Public Health
- National organization representing accredited schools of public health. Links to accredited schools, grants and funding, employment and public health resources.
Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region
- Dedicated to strengthening the role of public health through the training of public health professionals for both practice and research.
Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- A not-for-profit association whose interest is in the development and continuous improvement of health management education. Contains lists of accredited graduate and undergraduate programs in the United States.
Consortium for Environmental Education in Medicine
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing human health by understanding its relation to the environment. CEEM is working on a systematic effort to bring environment and health perspectives into medical education.
Council on Education for Public Health
- Independent agency recognized by the US Department of Education to accredit schools of public health and graduate public health programs.
Data Skills Online
- Self-instructional, web-based analytical and technical tools to train state and local public health professionals.
- Inventory of Postgraduate Training Programs in International Health.
Institute of Public Health Management
- Information about this Philippines based facility, services and associates. Their goal is a multi-disciplinary approach to the design and management of public health programs for Asian populations.
Media/Materials Clearinghouse (M/MC)
- Information about this international resource for health professionals. They provide samples of pamphlets, posters, videos, and many other media/materials designed to promote public health. From the Johns Hopkins Population Information Program.
Mediterranean School of Epidemiology and Statistical Methods in Biomedical Research
- Offered by the Italian National Research Council. Information and registration for this summer school directed to physicians, researchers and health professionals in Calabria, Italy, September 3 and 15, 2001.
NCID: Training Programs
- The goal of the Emerging Infectious Diseases (EID) Laboratory Fellowship Program is to attract and prepare laboratory scientists for careers in public health. National Center for Infectious Diseases, CDC.
Pharmaceutical Diversion Education, Inc.
- Services in the area of education on prescription drug abuse. Awareness education for health professionals, law enforcement, and regulatory officials. Talks include diversion in the health facility, rx abuse in the workplace, and prevention tips for health professionals who encounter the prescription drug seeker. (Miamitown, Ohio)
Public Health Training Network - PHTN
- On-line catalog of courses and resources, information about upcoming public health related distance learning events, downloadable software, and background information on the PHTN.
Skelly's MCQs in Tropical Medicine
- Multiple choice questions in tropical medicine and infectious diseases. Prepare for the diploma in tropical medicine and hygiene, DTM+H, and MRCP.
Tools of Change: Proven Methods for Promoting Health
- Interactive planning guides and case studies show users how to apply community-based social marketing tools more effectively in environmental and health promotion programs.
- The Public Health Foundation's (PHF) online distance learning clearinghouse for public health training.
Western Regional Radon Training Center
- Certification and continuing education courses and home study distant based programs for Radon Professionals and the general public. Offered by the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor