Submit a site
Articles and Research
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Invega - Schizophrenia Treatment and Support
- Information on INVEGA (paliperidone) - approved by the FDA for the treatment of schizophrenia.
Schizophrenia and the CATIE Study: CATIE and SEROQUEL
- Information on schizophrenia and the CATIE Study, a trial for antipsychotic medications, and the results of the CATIE study.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
All About Schizophrenia - Mental Health Net
- Information regarding symptoms, treatment, current research and self-help resources.
At Health - Schizophrenia
- This site contains information geared to the clinician as well as the consumer. Information is provided regarding treatment and a possible link to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch
- Research branch of the National Institute of Mental Health that conducts research in causes and treatments of schizophrenia and other neuropsychiatric illnesses.
Descent Into Madness-True Story Book
- Brave new book about real life mental illness taken from diaries, journals and conversations with my son who is paranoid schizophrenic. Very compelling and poignant! A must read for professionals and the lay person. You can't put it down!
Doing My Head In
- Site presents a personal view on this illness, including; poems, message board, story, and description of the diagnosis.
Harvard Brain Tissue Center
- One of few national resources for the collection and distribution of postmortem human brain tissue for research in causes of brain diseases including schizophrenia.
- A schizophrenia resource tool for the media, clinicians and health professionals. It features audiopresentations of symposia from major international psychiatry conferences as well as abstracts, press releases and fact sheets. Sponsored by the makers of Seroquel, AstraZeneca.
Mental Health Matters
- Information and links to schizophrenia sites and other similar diagnosis.
- Description of the psychotic disorder.
- Consumer and professional resource for schizophrenia and other mental health disorder information.
Merck Manual - Schizophrenia and Related Disorders
- Professional level description of the disease and its related manifestations providing detailed explanations of diagnosis, prognosis and treatment.
National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression
- National organization that raises and distributes funds to find the causes, cures, better treatments, and prevention of severe brain disorders. Provides instructions and contact information for submitting grant proposals.
National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- A grass roots, self-help, support and advocacy organization. Medical and legislative news, book reviews, meeting announcements and links to other sites can be found here.
Open the Doors
- Official site of the World Psychiatric Association's Global Program against Stigma and Discrimination due to schizophrenia. Provides information to the provider, the consumer, and posts personal stories of those affected by this disease.
Phoenix of Santa Barbara, Inc.
- Located Santa Barbara, CA, Phoenix House is a residential program for individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia. Site contains information on schizophrenia and related mental illnesses.
Psychiatry in Practice
- International schizoprhenia resource site, intended for clinicians and health care professionals.
- Drug manufacturer website promoting benefits of Risperdal, a medication for treating psychotic symptoms. Provides information for consumers and health care professionals with links to national mental health organizations.
Schizophrenia Awareness Group
- Seeking to improve the lives of individuals suffering from schizophrenia by providing a digital library as a focal point for education, research, and discussions on schizophrenia.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor